Are you ready for a lifestyle change – sunny skies and warm weather, endless beaches and bush walking, having the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge on your doorstep and being able to explore Australia wide? We are looking for a passionate physiotherapist with expertise in neurological rehab to come and join our state-of-the-art rehab centre in Sydney, Australia.
This role would suit someone who thrives on learning, developing and being surrounded by like-minded, supportive people.
If this sounds like you, this role at Advance Rehab Centre is for you.
About the opportunity:
We are a team of multidisciplinary clinicians, working in an outpatient clinic and community-based rehab service covering most of Metro Sydney.
Over the last 15 years, we have built a reputation as one of the most progressive neurological rehab services in Australia - winning the Australian Allied Health Adult Practice Excellence Award in 2019 and the Australian Allied Health Team Culture Excellence Award in 2021. Our rehab centre is located in the Lower North Shore of Sydney (Artarmon) and we have a second clinic opening in South Sydney in early 2022 (Hurstville). Both locations are easy commutes from very desirable living suburbs. Our community roles can be flexible and offer an amazing opportunity to build client independence and dignity in their home where it matters.
We would consider full-time and part-time positions. There is also the opportunity to work on Saturdays, if desired.
The caseload is 100% neurological and can range from complex brain or spinal cord injuries to newly diagnosed Parkinson’s. As a team member you would be trained in our PD Warrior program, intensive rehab approach and in the use of robotics and technology such as the LEXO by Tyromotion and their upper limb suite. As a team we are always looking to stretch ourselves and leave no stone unturned for our clients.
Why join us?
- Dynamic Opportunity - Ideal environment to further develop your skills as a physiotherapist through a challenging and interesting neuro caseload and state-of-the-art tech and facilities. Innovation and new programs encouraged.
- Excellent Team Culture - We are a growing team that is family owned and operated and have kept our close-knit, supportive team culture. Employee recognition is a priority.
- Skilled Management - Our management and leadership teams all come from skilled, therapy backgrounds - they are very hands-on and always available on site for both informal and informal support.
- Professional Development Focused - Outstanding CPD program and ongoing support for your own development and learning that includes: weekly neuro education; weekly MDT team meeting; formal induction process; ongoing clinical supervision; access to ARCademy with external guest speakers; support with leadership and career progression; and external courses hosted onsite.
- Multidisciplinary Team - Excellent holistic client care provided between professions, including Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Allied Health Assistants, Neuromuscular Orthotics and Speech Pathology.
- Attractive Salary Package and Perks - including travel allowance, smart phone, lap top, generous CPD budget, additional super contributions and free gym access for your own fitness, with (optional) weekly team workouts.
- Compassionate and ambitious for patient success
- Confident & motivated
- Open to feedback & willing to learn
- Excellent organisation skills
- Consolidated experience working with clients with neurological conditions, especially stroke, ABI and MS
- Strong clinical reasoning and handling skills within neuro rehab
- Willing to learn how to integrate technology and robotics into therapy
Qualifications and experience:
- AHPRA registration
- Valid Australian working rights. Ideally you would be able to start working on a Working Holiday Visa before proceeding with sponsorship – we are eligible to provide sponsorship for the right candidate.
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Valid Australian Driver's License and car owner
- 5 years physiotherapy experience, including at least 3 years neurological experience, desired. If you have less experience, applications are still welcomed and will be considered for a development role.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the position please send your CV and cover letter to the email address listed above.