Neuro Physiotherapist – 2 days per week (6 hr day)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Physiotherapist to join our local brain injury Charity, as we move into providing Wellbeing and Therapies as part of our new service model. We are looking at 2 days per week to start and then to offer 5 days a week by the end of year 3. This is a great opportunity for someone who would only like part time work, but also giving the opportunity to increase days for those who would want more, as the service grows.
The ethos of the service is on person-centred programmes, enabling service users to reach their optimum potential and enriching their recovery. You will be supporting the rehabilitation of clients with acquired brain injuries, at the post-acute stages, at our Hub or in their home.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to help us set up and develop our therapy programmes. You will be working with brain injured people who are requiring further intervention to promote continued improvements and independence.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in working in a community setting, and an opportunity for a clinician wanting a career in community therapy and/or in the field of brain injury. It would also suit someone semi-retired who would like a new challenge.
The successful candidate will be required to assess and treat, or, provide ongoing rehabilitation programmes for our clients, including those with multiple and complex medical and social issues. We are an integrated service with health & social care and work closely with our social care colleagues.
The post holder will be expected to supervise Support Workers, support undergraduate students, as well as other staff in the Wellbeing team.
Applicants must have current professional registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
£33,734 to £38,338 pro-rata dependent on experience
Personal Characteristics Required:
• Caring, empathetic and a good communicator
• Flexible thinking and problem solving
• Excellent time management and administration skills
• Excellent written skills – compilation of extensive reports, attention to detail, professional email communication
• Ability to direct and co-ordinate a multitude of different services to ensure effective outcomes
• Ability to convince and influence stakeholders by sound clinical judgement and reasoning
• Qualification Physiotherapy
• Previous clinical experience
• Active HCPC registration, professional board membership and public liability insurance
• Working from within the UK, in the stipulated geographic location
• An understanding of charity services provisions in relation to life-changing injuries
• Experience or understanding in the field of brain injury rehabilitation/ case management
Why join us:
• Annual leave – a generous 33 days each year (to include 8 bank holidays)
• DBS Check – we cover the cost of your DBS check and further renewals once probation passed
• Company Pension Scheme
• Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our in-house trained ‘Mental Health Champions’ and/or Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
• Confidential counselling service
• Free parking at our sites
• Free refreshments
• Induction- We pay for you to attend our comprehensive induction and on-going training to include the Care Certificate.
• Brain Injury Certificates – Level 1 & 2 - free specialist training in brain injury
• Qualifications – we can support you to obtain a range of qualifications according to roles and support further development
• Staff Referral Scheme – earn £50 for referring a friend into a job vacancy at Headway Birmingham & Solihull and further rewards in they remain in post
• GEM Awards – All of our employees are stars in our eyes and each year colleagues make nominations for our special awards.
• 20% discount on purchase – at any of our Charity Shops
• Social events, fundraising and team building – we value all our employees and try to bring people together socially
• Discounts at Highstreet retailers, days out, gifts, holidays and even when buying a car – available via a Blue Light card that Headway will purchase for you.
• Long Service Awards – receive 1 day extra annual leave after reaching 5 years and thereon (10 years 2 days etc)
£300 Voucher awarded for 10 years
• Role Anniversary Awards – given at every 5 years in role
• Special Birthday days – an extra days leave on your ‘milestone birthdays’
• Health Scheme – employees can opt into the BHSF healthcare plan through which Headway H & S will pay at the basic level. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
• Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full year attendance (from April 2022)
Closing date for applications:
• New starters have a 6-month probationary period. This, together with the induction process aims to create a positive supportive working environment allowing new employees to learn key elements of their role over a reasonable timescale.
• Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced disclosure with Criminal records Bureau.
• Appointment to this post is subject to the Charity receiving satisfactory references. Please ask your referees to respond promptly to reference requests.
• Employees are expected to undertake mandatory and statutory training related to their role.
• We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community, regardless of gender, race, faith, disability, age or sexual orientation and we encourage applications from users of mental health services. This is part of our commitment to equality and reflecting the diversity of our population and we will request that you complete our in-house monitoring.
How to apply
How to apply
A. Please submit a full CV detailing education and employment to date and supporting statement (maximum 2 sides of A4)
B. Please fully complete and return the Headway Application Form
NOTE: In your supporting information pages you should clearly outline your suitability/experience for the role against the criteria provided in the Job Description and person specification. Please include your interest and motivation in applying for this position.
Please send your application to (inserting “Job Application -Personnel Department” into the subject field): email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal conversation about this opportunity you can contact our Personnel Department 0121 457 7541
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.