Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist required at SHP Health
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced musculoskeletal physiotherapist with expertise in the assessment and management of musculoskeletal problems to provide services as part of our talented and close-knit team at SHP Health (SHP).
Based on the stunning Denbies Wine Estate (England’s largest vineyard), SHP is continuing to develop as a healthcare company, offering Consultant-led physiotherapy, professional development and wellbeing services. The Barn is a purpose-built and sustainable centre with clinic rooms and a beautiful, large bespoke studio.
At SHP, we empower people to realise their full potential. Our consultant physiotherapist-led team of experts are here to facilitate clients’ ongoing physical, emotional and psychological wellbeing; whether rehabilitating from injury or participating in our motivational classes, workshops and retreats.
Our reach extends beyond our physical base, providing courses and classes online and physiotherapy that can meet people’s needs at home.
We provide expert training and learning opportunities, networking events and professional development for our team, for health professionals, other health-related practitioners and the public.
SHP is an independent company and the co-founders and directors, Helen and Massimo Barcellona, are committed to offering outstanding person-centred services.
Our services are person-focussed, and our philosophy and values are underpinned by teamwork, communication and excellence. We are committed to offering a safe, welcoming, and supportive environment for our clients and team members.
This role lends itself to employment (depending on circumstances) with competitive remuneration and an excellent employee benefits package including staff discounts for SHP offerings, a private pension and in-house and external CPD opportunities. At SHP we have a bespoke training package, tools and resources that provide a development framework in line with national MSK standards, frameworks and guidelines.
The ideal candidate
The position will entail working as an autonomous practitioner, providing excellence in the assessment and management of musculoskeletal, sports injury and associated conditions. The post holder will be committed to providing evidence-based practice, will have excellent knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and will provide varied and innovative management strategies for a range of different patients/clients and their needs.
The post holder will be passionate about providing high quality, evidence-based practice and will work within their scope of practice and as part of the growing multidisciplinary SHP team. They will be committed to learning and keeping up to date with the evidence base and will demonstrate excellent customer service. The post will include completing assessments & management plans, delivering treatment and offering advice & education; as part of a person-focussed, caring, professional and evidence-based service. The role will provide opportunities for helping others learn and develop, ongoing continuing professional development (CPD) and in-service training (IST).
The ideal candidate will be personable, dedicated, honest and reliable, with excellent communication, organisational, clinical and reasoning skills. They will demonstrate strong self-awareness using critical reflection on personal practice, and they will be proactive and both creative & flexible in their approach. They will be able to work under pressure and as part of a team, with good time management, problem-solving and prioritisation skills. They will always be professional, in line with both the SHP mission statement & values and the CSP code of conduct.
Employer: SHP Health
Terms: Full or part-time considered
Reporting to: SHP Directors & Operations Manager
Location: Dorking, UK
Application deadline: 31st July 2022
Clinical duties & responsibilities
- To provide person-centred, high quality and effective assessment and management of musculoskeletal (sports injury and/or Pilates expertise desirable) and associated conditions for patients/clients
- To provide individualised care to allow patients/clients to maximise their potential and improve their quality of life
- To contribute to the growth of SHP through a commitment to an outcome driven service that provides a positive experience for patients/clients
- To contribute to patient-reported outcome measures and patient experience data collection and the updating of patient records in line with data protection requirements
- To always model behaviour and practice that is in keeping with the SHP values and mission statement
- To support the wider remit for improving and developing services offered by SHP; including education, the Musculoskeletal Network and wellbeing services provided by SHP at Denbies.
General duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of SHP mission statement, values, procedures and policies
- Demonstrate knowledge of all services and supporting functions delivered by SHP
- Model behaviour in accordance with SHP mission statement and values
- Assist in keeping treatment room space clean and organised
- Adherence to all SHP procedures, policies and Health & Safety requirements
- Report any incidents immediately to a Manager/Director and to liaise with the management team of SHP to fulfil the requirements of the role
Skills, qualifications & experience
- HCPC registration and member of the CSP
- 3 to 5 Years postgraduate experience working in musculoskeletal (demonstrable evidence of working with patients/clients in sport desirable)
- Demonstrable evidence of the assessment & management of a varied musculoskeletal caseload
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills
- Enthusiastic and personable manner
- Ability to deliver caring and evidence-based assessment & management
- Ability to build rapport with all existing and new SHP service users
- Good IT skills, demonstrating a willingness to contribute to patient-reported outcome measures and patient experience data collection and the updating of patient records in line with data protection requirements
- Good time management
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a growing team, in conjunction with the SHP values and mission
- MSc degree in musculoskeletal physiotherapy or related
- APPI or equivalent qualification in Pilates teaching
- Expertise in the rehabilitation of patients with sporting injuries
MSK Physio Job Spec
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org