We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As an MSK Case Manager you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various family friendly benefits
- CPD support: In house training courses, CPD evenings, funding and support with external courses
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- HCPC fees paid after 12 months service
MSK Physiotherapy Case Manager
£37,000 pro-rata (depending on hours worked – equivalent to top Band 6 AfC)
Flexible hours and Part Time roles available
We can be flexible with part-time hours to complement your existing practice and clinical hours, and can offer between 2-4 days per week with Saturdays as an option.
We also offer flexible start and finish times between 8am-8pm and Saturdays 9am-4pm, and can consider home working upon completion of your probation.
A bit about us
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
What you'll be doing
Due to recent department transformations and the growth of our service we have amazing opportunities for Physiotherapists to join our expanding team. Based at our flagship office in Salford Quays, this is a clinical office-based role within our insurance business involving significant telephone communication with patients. You will guide our members through their treatment pathway ensuring the MSK management they receive from our Bupa approved MSK services, is evidence based and in line with best practice. You will provide a comprehensive approach to the management of complex cases remotely, making funding decisions on requests for treatment in line with current best practice. Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Identifying and managing complex MSK cases through thorough telephone assessment.
- Ensuring Bupa members receive the most appropriate evidence based/ best practice care within a clinical framework.
- Assessing relevant clinical information to inform the next steps of a member’s treatment and management.
- Evaluating member’s treatment plans in line with policy will also form part of the job.
Who we’re looking for?
- Degree qualified and HCPC registered Physiotherapist
- Significant post-graduate experience and experience within Musculoskeletal management (equivalent to Band 6 or higher in the NHS)
- Experience of managing complex MSK cases, working closely as part of an MDT and with other clinicians and Consultants preferably in an outpatient setting
- Experience of working in or referring to an MCATS or Trauma and Orthopaedic Outpatient clinic
- You can demonstrate your CPD activity & on-going commitment to professional development
- CSP member
- Good level of IT skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
How to apply
Please upload your CV and application via the link provided.