To carry out physiotherapy assessment and treatment in Private Clinics across the North East, and potentially another chosen / required area of business from the following sectors:
- Private Clinics
- Occupational Health Physiotherapy Services
- Older People Physiotherapy
- NHS services
NB: (we will discuss with the successful applicant which sector (s) interests them the most). Depending on the interests of the applicant, your role may also include the provision of class based exercise sessions. Physiotherapy Matters Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all.
Depending on the interests of the applicant, your role may also include the provision of class based exercise sessions.
Clinical: Clinical / Professional (approximately 90% time)
- Ensure appropriate consents to treat and to report are obtained.
- Carry out assessments of patients in line with CSP core standards of practice.
- Carry out workplace assessments and on the job training in prevention and management strategies.
- Use outcome measures to demonstrate treatment effect.
- Provide evidence-based treatment and management of patients to achieve rapid return to function and work.
- Maintain records in line with CSP core standards and Physiotherapy Matters standards.
- Deliver clinical training and support colleagues in assessment, treatment and management of patients.
- Participate in clinical audit.
- Log data and audit outcomes of programmes.
- Maintain evidence of continual professional development.
- Keep up to date with evidence-based practice/guidelines and assist in development of the programme in line with available evidence.
- Design and implement treatment regimes for patients in accordance with; quality standards as directed by PML, and professional codes of conduct as directed by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- Assess patients, analyse the findings to formulate a diagnosis, and develop a treatment programme based upon best available evidence, assuming the highest standards of patient care.
- Ensure accurate recording of the data to meet the standards of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and fulfil legal requirements.
- Be responsible for the implementation of high standards of clinical skills, in arrears of assessment, treatment and management of musculoskeletal problems.
- To use theoretical and practical knowledge to refer on to other departments, consultant /GP colleagues as necessary, based on investigation results and clinical assessment.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner, to be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of professional activities.
- To manage telephone triage referrals from receipt to referring to external providers, receiving reports and collecting feedback.
- To run and ensure a quality provision of classes on a variety of topics for patients of PML.
- Communicate with GPs and clients in line with Physiotherapy Matters procedures.
- Write reports to line managers and HR professionals relating to work capability and detail return to work plans effectively.
Business Development (approximately 10% time)
- Give talks / demonstrations on the work of the physiotherapy team to line managers, HR and/or Health and Safety officers within the workplace on the benefits of Physiotherapy.
- To identify appropriate audits, outcome measures and service impact measures which accurately evaluate patients’ response and service development needs.
- Develop new ideas for the future of the service and new programmes to improve patient care.
- To promote PML to all appropriate avenues with an ‘out-of-box’ approach.
- To assess gaps in the market where PML can offer a new service or promote existing services or products.
- To assess gaps in the market that PML can provide class services.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that all PML polices and legal requirements relating to Health and Safety are followed.
- To manage clinical risk within own caseload at all times and ensure clinical risk is effectively managed across the company.
- To respect confidentiality of all matters that they may learn relating to employment, other members of staff and general public.
The above is a non exhaustive list of duties and you are expected to undertake any other duties as requested by your Manager. The Company reserves the right to amend your job description in line with the changing demands of the business.