We are looking for an AHP or nurse that specialises in rehabilitation to coordinate rehabilitation for patients with major or catastrophic injuries. Our After Trauma Service is dedicated to ensuring patients that are seriously injured are able to access the best rehabilitation possible for them through the public and/or private sector. In order to assist people to access appropriate rehabilitation we need a case manager to develop, deliver and monitor the pathway for patients who require early access to rehabilitation. You will be working with the major trauma team at the Royal London Hospital. Patients will have suffered catastrophic or multiple injuries or conditions.
The position is primarily based at the Royal London Hospital but you may be required to work across the North East London and Essex Trauma Network.
Qualified for at least 6 years, you need substantial experience of complex conditions e.g neurological, spinal, brain, serious orthopaedic or other major injury cases. You will also have a high level of verbal, written, communication and personal presentation skills.
We will offer full sector-leading training.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To communicate with the After Trauma Team, Critical Care team, HEMS, Neuro surgery and the Orthopaedic team to support patients and families that are seeking legal assistance where requested by the patient or family.
- To discuss circumstances with patients and their families and advise on possible legal action, offering information if requested on preferred provider law firms.
- To work closely with case managers appointed by legal firms to ensure effective communication with patients, family and staff to enable the case manager to formulate the most appropriate recommendations for discharge
- To work closely with case managers appointed by legal firms and on occasion the solicitors themselves to ensure effective scheduling of appointments and communicating possible discharge dates or repatriation.
- Facilitate meetings and organise an After Trauma summary of injuries following presentation of the patient's written authority.
- To work with the After Trauma Welfare Advisor and the After Trauma Team to provide appropriate information to patients not eligible for legal representation.
- To work with the After Trauma Team (ATT) and the AHP Rehabilitation Consultant and across the NELETN network should patients be repatriated to their local Trauma Units.
Flexible working will be considered.
How to apply
Through the NHS jobs website; https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/?vac_ref=915683498