We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. Alongside flexible hours to suit your own circumstances you’ll also be able to take advantage of other great benefits.
R1083566 Lead Rehabilitation Physiotherapist
Cromwell Hospital, SW5 0TU
37.5 hours per week
Salary£51,357.78 plus excellent benefits
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
As a Clinician at Bupa our patients will be your top priority. With no shareholders, we reinvest our profits back into our business to give you the extra time and technology you need to make a difference to our patients each and everyday.
We have belief in you to do what’s right for our patients and in return we’ll support you to develop your career so you can not only grow at Bupa, but thrive.
As a Lead Rehabilitation Physiotherapist, this is performed as a dual clinical and leadership role of the rehabilitation team which covers Neurological Rehabilitation, Oncology and the Medical/Surgical services. You will be responsible for the daily operational management and clinical leadership of the Rehabilitation team in conjunction with the Physiotherapy Lead. You will also carry a clinical caseload of patients requiring physiotherapy intervention.
You are a highly skilled physiotherapist able to undertake all aspects of your clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner. You will provide a client-centred and evidence-based service to adult in- and outpatients in your speciality which could be Neurological Rehabilitation, Oncology or Medical Surgical. You will receive referrals from the wards, consultant, GP clinics and other external routes.
This rehabilitation service provides assessment and treatment to a caseload of patients with complex needs as listed above.
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional programmes of care for patients through assessment and implementation of highly specialist treatments in order to maximise their rehabilitation outcomes.
- Communicate condition-related information to patients, relatives and carers and use appropriate methods to address barriers to communication.
- Deal sensitively and empathetically with distressing or emotional circumstances regarding patient care.
- Support Rehabilitation team members in the management of challenging clinical situations.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and timely patient treatment records and reports in line with local and national requirements for best management of the patient.
- Manage clinical risk within your caseload at all times and ensure potential clinical risk is effectively communicated and managed.
- Participate in the overall day to day management and development of the Therapy Department and your area of speciality to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
- Participate in hospital and departmental processes that support and encourage professional and personal development of yourself and your colleagues.
What you’ll bring
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC and CSP registration
- Basic Bobath training
- Sound experience of working with clients with complex rehabilitation needs with Oncology, Medical/General Surgery or Neurological deficit
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Operational management experience in a Therapy setting
- Experience in providing supervision/mentorship to junior colleagues
- Experience in providing on-call service to Cardio/Respiratory patients
- Ability to initiate and implement change
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa.
We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
How to apply
For further information about this Lead Rehabilitation Physiotherapist role, please contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter, on 07714 073 450 or firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link to apply.