Lead Rehabilitation Physiotherapist
Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, London
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: up to £50,549 dependent on experience
We are recruiting for a Lead Rehabilitation Physiotherapist to work at Bupa Cromwell Hospital, which is an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. This is a dual clinical and leadership role of the rehabilitation team which covers Neurological Rehabilitation, Oncology, Medical/Surgical and Cardiothoracic services. You will be responsible for the daily operational management and clinical leadership of the Rehabilitation team in conjunction with the Physiotherapy Lead. You will also carry a clinical caseload of patients requiring physiotherapy intervention.
- Promote a cohesive, dynamic and co-ordinated Rehabilitation Physiotherapy team and service.
- Establish and maintain efficient communication within the multi-disciplinary team (both internal and external) to ensure a holistic and complete duty of care. This includes verbal, non-verbal or written communication, both in expression and active listening, to facilitate accurate comprehension of information.
- Act as a resource of specialist advice for patients, clients and colleagues within the scope of your experience and knowledge.
- Participate in the overall day to day management and development of the Therapy Department and your area of speciality to ensure an efficient and safe service for all.
- Practise as an autonomous and accountable professional using reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessment in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each patient.
- Provide exceptional programmes of care for the patients in your care through assessment and implementation of highly specialist treatments in order to maximise their rehabilitation outcomes.
- Communicate condition-related information to patients, relatives and carers and use appropriate methods to address barriers to communication.
- Deal sensitively and empathetically with distressing or emotional circumstances regarding patient care.
- Support Rehabilitation team members in the management of challenging clinical situations.
- Degree in physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- CSP Membership
- Experience in providing on-call service to Cardio/Respiratory patients
- Sound experience of working with clients with complex rehabilitation needs with Oncology or Neurological deficit
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Operational management experience in a Therapy setting
- Experience in providing supervision/mentorship to junior colleagues
- Experience of participation in audit and quality assurance activities.
- Basic Bobath training
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills
For our full list of benefits please visit our website on Bupa.com
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.