Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for converting your nursing diploma to nursing degree, learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation.
About the facility
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women's Health.
Responsible for the day to day management/coordination and clinical leadership of the Physiotherapy departments at The Harley Street Clinic and The Portland Hospital, continually aiming to exceed expectations. This will be across both adult and paediatric services at both the Harley St Clinic and the Portland Hospital.
To ensure a physiotherapy service of the highest quality is provided, to meet and exceed the requirements of all service users at both sites.
Attractive and competitive salary offered
Working hours 37.5 per week - Monday - Friday
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for converting your nursing diploma to nursing degree, learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect from a world class private healthcare organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate advanced clinical skills in paediatric physiotherapy underpinned by advanced theoretical knowledge of professional practice.
- Demonstrate skilled clinical abilities and expertise within adult physiotherapy.
- To plan, organise, lead and monitor the daily activities of the physiotherapy service ensuring that financial and statistical targets are met.
- To provide effective clinical supervision, development and support to facilitate the education of staff members using highly developed clinical skills and theoretical knowledge.
- To act as a specialist physiotherapy resource using highly developed clinical skills, theoretical knowledge and practical experience
- To provide support to facilitate the education and development of interdisciplinary staff members
- To lead the Continuing Professional Development of physiotherapy staff within the rehabilitation service in line with national guidelines, the requirements of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health Care Professions Council
- To facilitate the implementation of the national professional standards, guidelines and strategies including those affecting the Allied Health professionals.
- To facilitate innovation, research and evidence based practice by critically appraising current best practice and implementing changes.
- To initiate, implement and lead appropriate work related research / evaluation projects to develop physiotherapy and multidisciplinary services
- To lead and advise in the development of clinical and professional protocols, setting and monitoring of standards of practice and care pathways within Physiotherapy and the interdisciplinary team
- Attendance at ward rounds and MDT meetings when appropriate to take part in the decision-making about the patient’s clinical care.
- To be responsible for prioritization of own clinical and non-clinical caseload, including provision of planned and unplanned leave.
- To maintain accurate up-to-date patient records which comply with departmental and CSP standards.
- Participate in the physiotherapy on-call rota provide support to the Clinical Specialist physiotherapist to ensure staff working on call are competent to act as autonomous practitioner’s undertaking the assessment and treatment of acutely ill patients with respiratory problems, who may have complex presentations.
- Comply with the Emergency on call policy and respond within the appropriate time frame when on call and called out.
- Support and maintain open channels of communication and effective working relationships with the Head of therapies and with the other members multidisciplinary teams.
- Inform the Head of therapies of issues or complaints which may arise relating to patient care or service delivery.
- Use well developed communication skills to communicate highly complex information sensitively to staff, patients and their families.
- Be responsible for departmental risk assessments and assess all risks to processes, own systems and environment and act appropriately.
- Be responsible for safe provision of appropriate equipment to patients including advanced knowledge of wheelchairs and seating.
- Ensure that own practice and that of the staff which you supervise meet the required professional standards of physiotherapy practice.
- Assist the Head of therapies in the staff appraisal process.
Skills and Experience
- BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy (or equivalent)
- Extended Clinical Experience in Paediatrics
- Experience of performance management
- Current registered member of Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Ability to work autonomously and set own priorities
- Ability to analyse professional and ethical issues
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise ones own performance and that of others
- Awareness of legislation and health and safety issues
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated excellent proficiency in English verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated proficiency in using computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft word, PowerPoint and excel.
About the Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the cutting edge of private healthcare with world class specialists at the height of their careers.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!