Salary up to £40,000 with an annual salary review
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Professional development opportunities
Contributory pension scheme
Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions.
Eye care scheme with Specsavers
Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts
Cycle to work scheme
Group Life Assurance
Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
Paid emergency leave
Occupational Sick Pay above SSP
Interest free season ticket loans
Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
Schoen Clinic have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapist to provide effective and efficient orthopaedic treatment to meet the needs of inpatients on a fixed term basis until March 2023.
- To undertake comprehensive assessment of patients and to formulate effective, clinical treatment plans in line with Schoen Clinic enhanced recovery pathways
- To carry out timely assessment and treatment of your caseload of inpatients (and/or outpatients) and to facilitate safe discharge home or onward referral from the hospital
- To assess patients’ needs for any rehabilitative equipment and aids to improve safety and functionality within the home
- To be accountable to the Physiotherapy Manager and communicate daily through informal meetings and regular supervision/teaching sessions
- To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regard to clinical priorities and service requirement with the support of the clinical team and Physiotherapy manager
- To be able to fit and teach patients the use of specific braces and boots required post operatively, both on the ward and at clinic calls.
- To be responsible for the safe use of equipment used within the Physiotherapy department, notifying the Physiotherapy Manager of any equipment in need of repair or maintenance, and employing effective use of reporting system already in place
- To work with the physiotherapy team to provide an efficient and effective service and to be involved in the proposal/development and implementation of departmental policies
Key Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualified
- HCPC registered
- CSP Membership
- Skills and knowledge up to date on current nursing practice
- Ability to plan care
- Ability to manage a personal caseload
- Understanding of ongoing personal development requirements
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Understanding of private medicine and the relevant legislative framework
- Knowledge of clinical governance
- Understanding of the role of CQC
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Extensive orthopaedic experience
- Post-surgical experience
- MSK experience
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
2021 - LaingBuisson Hospital Of The Year - Finalist
2020 - Health Investor Private Hospital Group of the Year - Finalist.
2020 - LaingBuisson Hospital Group of The Year - Winner.
2019/2020 - National Joint Registry (NJR) Quality Data Provider.
2019 - LaingBuisson Hospital Of The Year - Winner.
2019 - LaingBuisson Hospital Group of the Year - Finalist.
2019 - LaingBuisson Nursing Practice - Finalist.
2019 - Health Investor Awards Hospital Group of the Year - Finalist.
2019 - Rated 'Good' in all areas by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic London reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
How to apply
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org