If you value working collaboratively with others in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, delivering education for local and international benefit, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
In this role, you will lead the development and implementation of a new Bachelor of Physiotherapy (with Honours) programme, which aims to address the needs of our communities through the provision of high quality health education.
About the role
- The key focus for 2019 is to lead delivery of the first year 1 cohort in 2019
- Requires extensive experience and knowledge of physiotherapy and inter-professional practice, education and research
- The Centre has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning, which links work, education, and personal and professional development
- Importance is placed on ensuring that graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or to enhance and extend employment opportunities
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day academic activities of the Physiotherapy teaching team, and ensuring all resources are in place for a quality learning environment.
You will guide and support staff to achieve agreed teaching, research and industry engagement outcomes and to grow professionally. Maintaining productive working relationships within the Centre and across Wintec will also be important. Similarly, maintaining current industry connections and fostering new ones will be key.
Not only will you keep abreast of the latest information and technology, you'll create valuable opportunities for students and manage the delivery and development of programmes for flexible delivery locally and internationally. You will be a strategic thinker who has a vision for the future of physiotherapy within Aotearoa New Zealand.
Are you an ideal candidate?
We are looking for people who have the following:
- Current Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand registration (or eligibility to register)
- Relevant Doctoral/ PhD qualification in subject related discipline/s
- Teaching and learning or education qualification/ certification
- Ideally a minimum of three to five years' teaching experience at a senior level at a tertiary institute
- Understanding of culture, identity and learning in New Zealand
- Significant and recent physiotherapy practice experience
- Positive national and international reputation
Working at Wintec
Wintec's new School of Physiotherapy has received full accreditation and approval from the Physiotherapy Board of New Zealand and the New Zealand Qualifications Authority to deliver a new Bachelor of Physiotherapy (with Honours) programme.
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You'll be supported to stay industry connected, and have generous opportunities to develop your career through the professional development opportunities available to you.
Join the Centre for Health and Social Practice and take the next exciting step in your career.
Lead change, shape the world at Wintec - apply now and accept a leadership challenge.
There will be no closing date for this position and the advert may be removed without notice - applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Applications close when position is filled.