Company: Physio Science
Location: Sussex Cricket Club, UK
Contract Type: Fixed-Term Contract (2 Years)
Start Date: 01 March 2019
Job Reference: PSUK-SCL-0012
Physio Science is an innovative company, specialising in sport and exercise medicine services. Our business provides high performance sport science and sports medicine services; integrated player welfare support; and bespoke healthcare solutions across a broad spectrum of business organisations.
Physio Science has been providing sport and exercise medicine services to Sussex Cricket since 2015 and is a proud supporter of the club.
We are looking for an experienced sports physiotherapist to join the Sport Science & Medicine Team at Sussex Cricket.
The primary job description will be to support the Sports Science & Medicine Department as First Team Physiotherapist. The role includes extensive travel domestically with the 1st XI Team during the county cricket season, however, oversees tours are likely. The successful candidate will be working with a highly competitive county cricket team, including world class cricketers and coaching staff.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide elite physiotherapy services in high-performance environments.
- Head of Medical Services
- Head Coach
- Director of Cricket
- A bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- 3 years’ experience in the provision of physiotherapy to elite professional athletes
- Pitch side sports trauma care certification e.g. RFU, FA or Lubas Medical
- Passion for sports medicine, exercise rehabilitation and strength & conditioning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player mentality with a positive approach to work life balance
- High level of computer literacy including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- An advanced DBS check will be a prerequisite for the successful candidate
- Experience of working with children and proof of safeguarding training
- Two employment and one academic reference
- Driving licence
- Post-graduate degree in sports physiotherapy, sport & exercise medicine, strength and conditioning or other related subject
- Experienced in the use of statistical software, online medical platforms, and player monitoring systems such as GPS and Athlete Management applications
- Experience of delivering physiotherapy services within a professional cricket environment
- Registration with the DBS Update Service
How to apply
How to apply:
Send your CV and accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include the Job Referencenumber into the email subject.
Job Reference: PSUK-SLC-1219
Closing Date: 16 January 2020
Interview Date: 23/24 January 2020
Applications must be received by 13:00 on the closing date.
Physio Science is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that the successful candidate will need to complete an Enhanced DBS Check prior to their start date.