We reward and recognise people who perform their work in a way that is aligned to GenesisCare’s mission and values and that contribute to GenesisCare’s growth. To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the medical and technology markets.
Our benefits include family/flexible working, 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays, Trading holidays, Private Healthcare, Private Dental Cover, Radiotherapy Treatment, Company contributory pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme & Income Protection.
Are you a qualified Physiotherapist and have worked with patients in Oncology?
We’re looking for an Exercise Clinic Lead to work at our state-of-the-art treatment Centres across the south of England in the following locations:
Maidstone Milton Keynes
Last year as a trial we set up an Exercise Clinic Service in Windsor offering patients as part of their standard treatment plan an additional option to sign up to a 12-week exercise plan.
The response was immense with the outcome to patients pre/during and post treatment phenomenal. We are now set to roll this service out to each of our centres across the UK.
This is a new service to Genesis Care and we are currently creating a new and swanky gym for our patients!
About your role:
This is a full-time, permanent position. You will work in your own on-site gym with modern equipment and technology available to you.
As the Exercise Clinic Lead you are responsible for tailored exercise medicine assessment and prescription for people with cancer.
You will assess patients, plan and deliver exercise intervention programs and services to meet our objectives and the needs of the patients.
You must have also completed rotations in Surgery, Orthopaedics, Medicine and Outpatients.
GenesisCare is the largest provider of private cancer services delivering high quality radiotherapy, chemotherapy treatments and diagnostic imaging services in the United Kingdom and Spain and is Australia’s largest provider of cancer and cardiac services.
- The management and co-ordination of the Exercise Medicine Service for all patients referred.
- Ensuring patients undergo a comprehensive assessment setting a personalised prescribed course of exercise medicine.
- Management and supervision of the Exercise Clinic Assistant
- Work in collaboration with the Centre Leader, and staff ensuring seamless patient pathway and coordination of a patient’s cancer care.
- Contribute to engagement events promoting awareness and understanding of the service.
- Ensure patients receive the highest level of service in line with policies and procedures.
You would be responsible for:
- Responsible for ensuring all patients are provided with information about the exercise medicine program both in written format and verbally as part of the on-boarding process.
- Accountable for ensuring risk assessments are completed for all patients using the exercise clinic.
- Responsible for delegating tasks to the Exercise Clinic Assistant and providing ongoing clinical supervision, training and direct line support.
Experience and skills:
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience or equivalent clinical experience at a Band 6 level, predominately working with patients in Oncology. Must have completed rotations in Surgery, Orthopaedics, Medicine and Outpatients.
- Extra training will be provided by Genesis Care.
- Experience and ability of working in a clinic setting, teaching and supervising less experienced staff.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- BSc Degree in Physiotherapy or Diploma or equivalent
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration for profession
- Evidence or portfolio of postgraduate continued development, preferably in oncology, rehabilitation and exercise science.
How to apply
Please apply by supplying a copy of your CV, along with a brief description of your current employment situation. We will then review your application.