- Starting salary of £34,000 per annum, rising to £35,000 on DWP approved status
- Potential up to £3,000 quality bonus per annum
- Full time hours are 37.5 per week (part-time minimum 22.5 hours)
- 23 days paid holidays (plus 8 statutory holidays)
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- Life assurance
- Company pension
- Career development opportunities
- Working for a progressive and cutting-edge employer with exceptional standards.
About the Role
We are growing, so it's a great time to join us and our expanding team. Your rewarding and essential role entails clinically assessing and compiling reports that help claimants through the often daunting benefits process.
Meet face to face with customers and ascertain how their health condition and/or disability affects their daily lives and mobility;
Conduct observations and assessments on an individual's capacity to carry out functional activities;
Analyse and interpret clinical information and supporting evidence to support assessment;
Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history, a full justification and conclusion from evidence gathered to support the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in their decision-making;
Ensure reports meet PIP requirements and are produced to a high standard (Grade A reports);
Work to ensure the productivity and quality targets, established by Capita PIP to meet its contractual Service Level Agreements, are met.
- Excellent observational and decision-making skills
- Effective listening, probing, questioning and conversation management skills
- Ability to work at pace, set boundaries, manage conversations and keep to timescales
- Can relate to people from a range of socio-economic backgrounds, races, religions and cultures
- Report writing ability
- Able to type whilst conducting an assessment (multi-tasking)
- Capable of dealing with a high percentage of work using a laptop and IT systems
- Able to work remotely using remote connections (training provided)
- At least 2 years' post-registration experience as an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Nurse or Paramedic
- Must be fully registered without restriction or conditions with the NMC/HCPC/GMC and hold a valid PIN
- Hold a full current driving licence with access to a car
What's on Offer
- You will embark on a 5 week intensive training course (fully paid). Thereafter, there is a further week of on the job training with close mentorship and development.
Ongoing CPD keeps you up to date and eligible for revalidation.
- We are passionate about rewarding and developing our workforce. The opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
- You will enjoy a more conventional work-life balance with no nights and all bank holidays off, including Christmas.
- You'll develop new skills, both professional and behavioural, as a result of rising to the challenges you face. You'll receive greater financial reward than you might in other healthcare roles.
- You'll be applying your empathetic manner and desire to care, to something important to people. You'll work within a system that is designed to help those who need it. You'll deliver a service that makes you feel part of the 'bigger picture'.
How to apply
email : firstname.lastname@example.org