- 25 days annual leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days depending on length of service), 11 days customary/public holidays and 2 discretionary days leave (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Healthcare scheme
- Northern Ireland Civil Service Sports Association membership
- PRRT offers a Group Personal Pension Scheme (GPPS) to staff and makes an employer contribution of 6% of salary
- Use of the Physiotherapy gymnasium at designated times.
Purpose of the Job
The Deputy Head of Physiotherapy/Clinical Lead will join our physiotherapy team as the Deputy Head of Department and will assist in the day-to-day running of PRRT’s physiotherapy Service, deputising for the Head of Department as and when required.
The post holder will also provide clinical leadership to other team members in addition to providing a high standard of assessment, treatment and advice for clients with a wide range of complex and/or chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
The Deputy Head of Physiotherapy/Clinical Lead will also work closely with the other departments within the Trust and with relevant external agencies.
- Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Five years post qualification experience, including experience of working in the following core specialist areas in a secondary care setting for a minimum of 4 months each:
- Elderly care and/or neurology
- Orthopaedics and/ or rheumatology
- Respiratory and / or general medical.
- At least two years working at a senior level (Band 7 or equivalent) in the management of musculoskeletal outpatients
- Recognised post qualification training in the management of musculoskeletal conditions, to include the completion of at least 2 accredited Masters level assessment and treatment concepts one of which must be Acupuncture. For example Society of Orthopaedic Medicine, MACP/Masters modules in manual therapy, McKenzie, Acupuncture (AACP or BMA registration required) or equivalent.
- Post graduate training or experience in biopsychosocial approaches to the management of chronic pain and/or use of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) in physiotherapy.
- Post graduate training in Occupational Health and/or membership of ACPOHE
- Evidence of taking the lead with quality, service development and monitoring issues.
- Evidence of supervising or performance management of other staff
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Evidence of ability to provide professional leadership
- Demonstrable ability to make decisions regarding urgent clinical and departmental issues if the Head of Service is not immediately available
- High level of computer literacy to include experience in the production of documents
- Masters in manual therapy or pain management
- Experience of using databases or electronic record management systems
- Post graduate qualification in management and/or leadership
- Experience of presenting service reports to senior management
How to apply
For further information and an application form please refer to www.prrt.org/jobs
Please note CV's will not be accepted.