Provided with a car, phone and laptop/tablet
Comprehensive CPD programme including financial support for one course (to value of £400 per year
Physit Ltd is a mobile service that provides a clinical assessment and treatment service for patients presenting with a variety of acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions. You will provide clinical assessment, diagnosis and interventions to patients and make timely decisions regarding future management.
The service is designed to provide a fast and convenient rapid-access assessment, supported by appropriate diagnostic tests and treatment for patients living within London.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide expert Physiotherapy assessment and treatment to a diverse range of patients within a home, office or hotel based setting
- Manage a case load of patients with varying pathologies and/or complex needs, using evidence based/patient centered principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions in a defined clinical area
- Work with some patients and their families/carers over a period of weeks or months to identify and treat their physical problem
- Develop and review treatment programmes, along with patients themselves, that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques
- Assist patients with joint and spinal problems, including following surgery
- Help patients' rehabilitation following accidents and injury
- Write patient case notes and reports
- Educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions;
- Developing treatment programmes
- Responsible for building and maintaining your own clinical list of patients
- Keep up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients;
- Communicate with a wide range of patients, carers and health and social care team members
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention
- Be legally responsible and accountable
- Be caring, compassionate and professional at all times
- Manage clinical risk
Within this role you will be reporting to the Clinical Director.
The successful candidate will be confident and committed to delivering clinical excellence and exceptional customer service.
You will be required to expertly manage a musculoskeletal caseload and will be able to demonstrate strong communication skills to deliver clinical information to patients, GP's and Consultants. .
We are looking for a team player who is comfortable working in a variety of settings including lone working environments. You will have a proven ability to provide exercise-based rehabilitation to achieve functional, patient-centred goals. A commitment to improving patient health and wellbeing are essential.
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- HCPC registered
- Full clean driving licence
- MSK background
- Manual Therapy
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to establish a rapport with patients and their families
- Team working skills to work with other healthcare professionals, such as doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and social workers
- Problem-solving ability
- Tolerance, patience, sensitivity and tact
- Organisational and administrative skills
- A firm but encouraging and empathetic attitude
- A genuine concern for the well-being and health of patients
- A real interest in anatomy and physiology
- The ability to work under pressure and manage your time effectively
- Experience of using Software systems to complete notes
- Confident with other IT systems – Microsoft Office competency essential
We will provide you with a comprehensive CPD programme, and a fun and friendly work environment.