NELFT provides award winning community and mental healthcare for over 2 million people. We work to ensure our patients, their friends and family, feel confident that their health needs are well met. With an excellent reputation for research and development, our skilled health professionals are at the cutting edge of evidence-based innovation, opening up the possibilities for better ways of working and delivery of care.
As an employee of NELFT, you will receive the following benefits:
- Excellent working environments in a mix of state of the art and historic buildings
- Agile working with outstanding ICT support
- A long-standing and award-winning approach to Equality and Diversity with supportive networks for ethnic minority staff, staff with disabilities and LGBT staff
- Staff Benefits including NHS Pension, childcare vouchers, a salary sacrifice car scheme, the MyTrustBenefits discount scheme, cycle scheme and Annual Leave Sale / Purchase scheme, trade union membership and a range of ambassadorial roles
- A focus on staff health and wellbeing featuring subsidised gym membership, access to Mindfulness, walking groups and other wellbeing support.
We have signed the skills pledge and are an accredited Improving Working Lives organisation. We are committed to staff development and offer opportunities which include a wide range of training options and an active Quality Improvement Programme
We are looking for a Band 6 Community Physiotherapist to join our well established and integrated general adult community rehabilitation team.
Redbridge health and social care community service is a forward-thinking and innovative service that works in a fully integrated way, with physiotherapists, occupational therapists, district nurses, social services and community matrons all working side by side to ensure an integrated and holistic approach to the people accessing the community services.
Our general community rehab team assesses housebound adults within their home environment. We have a varied caseload including post surgery (elective and trauma), post hospital discharge, MSK, Falls, palliative rehab, mobility and gait rehab. By assessing people within their home environment we are in a good position to significantly improve peoples quality of life and promote independence at home by providing therapy as well as by jointly working with social services, OT's and the other members of our integrated team, making this a very rewarding job.
We are a well supported team, we have 6 rehab assistants supporting the community therapists ensuring your time can be spent with the complex cases. We also have weekly team allocation meetings, which is a supportive meeting to discuss your community caseload with a band 7 therapist as well as with peers and where joint visits can be arranged for support with more complex cases. We ensure that we complete monthly supervisions and also support the training needs of all our therapists.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your band 6 skills by supervising junior members and assistants within the team. We also have regular students in the team and you will be able to have a clinical educators role for our students on placement
395-RR252-19P_Band 6 general rehab Physio job description 2019.pdf
How to apply
Please apply on our website using link