BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s London Independent Hospital in London has a vacancy for a Clinical Specialist in hand Therapy to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. There will also be shifts on offer across other London BMI sites.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Senior hand therapists or clinical specialists in hand therapy (OT or Physio) with at least four years hand therapy experience covering orthopaedics, plastics and rheumatology.
- Cross skilling experience needed in all traditionally OT and physio modalities.
- Experience of trauma, acquired conditions and post-surgical care required.
- Support and training available including two specialist study days, peer reviews and an enormous breadth of shared resources.
- We are looking for bank hand therapists who can work in one or more of our eleven London sites.
- Applications considered from therapists who have 3+ hours available each week.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide specialist assessment and treatment (hand therapy) for outpatients, inpatients, pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate. Depending on training, this might include hand and wrist only, hand, wrist and elbow or whole upper limb. For the purposes of this role description, hand and wrist will be used.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.