- Competitive, market related salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Company pension scheme (employer contribution 6% following successful probation period)
- Health Cash Plan offering different levels of cover for you and your loved ones
- Employee Referral Scheme – get £1250 for referring a friend/colleague
- Working within a robust case management team staffed by multi-disciplinary professionals in a successful, growing company
- Company commitment to CPD, staff development and career growth
- Home based and flexible working arrangements available
- Bike to Work scheme – launched in 2022!
- Client and work related travel expenses fully covered
- Weekly online Yoga classes and monthly Wellbeing webinars
- Professional memberships sponsored after 1 year of service
Clinical & Quality Auditor – VA314
Location: Croydon, Manchester or Bristol preferred. Hybrid working available on completion of probation. WFH available dependent on candidate. Travel to regional offices and off site locations may be required.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week between Mon to Fri 9am to 5:30pm
Salary: £35-42K per annum
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: You must have significant musculoskeletal experience and be actively registered with the HCPC as a physiotherapist, occupational therapist, or with the NMC as a nurse
Background and Purpose of Role:
Health & Care Management Ltd. (HCML) is a rehabilitation company that works to coordinate and accelerate the rehabilitation of injured individuals. HCML’s Clinical and Support Services work within a comprehensive Clinical Governance framework, overseen by HCML’s Medical Director, to ensure that we are providing market leading excellence in clinical case management services to our patients/clients and customers. HCML now has a centralised clinical governance function, of which this role forms a key part.
Our Personal Injury case managers coordinate the rehabilitation of individuals who may have severe injuries such as spinal cord or acquired brain injuries; our Health team assesses private medical insurance claimants and routes them into appropriate treatment pathways to help accelerate their recovery, and our Corporate team works with employees to help rehabilitate and return injured employees to work. Our customers are insurers, solicitors and employers and we are responsible for delivering clinically and administratively excellent service.
The Clinical & Quality Auditor (CQA) will be responsible for auditing cases which include assessment reports, phone calls and more with the aim of directly supporting and supervising clinical staff to deliver an excellent and safe clinical administrative service. This will ensure all required administrative standards are met and data outputs are complete in a timely and accurate manner. The CQA will work closely with the Performance and Quality Management team (P&QM) Manager, the Customer Experience Manager, Business Analyst and the Business Information & Management Information (BI&MI) team to identify opportunities for process and system improvements that will help to optimise service delivery and/or reduce non-compliance with documented processes.
- Reviewing and auditing cases, documentation, phone calls and other areas of staff work. Reviewing clinical decisions, and that rehabilitation clients are being communicated with effectively to ensure that they are being appropriately supported in their recovery
- Reviewing and auditing cases to ensure that all system users are adhering to correct policies and procedures in relation to timeliness and order of actions, note keeping, data capture and accuracy, documentation filing etc.
- Ensuring that all required outputs (e.g. data, correspondence etc.) is accurate and timely so that HCML is complying with our customers’ minimum requirements
- Supporting line managers to manage the performance of their teams against external and internal KPIs and advocating the expectations of a high-performance culture across HCML
- Auditing supplier reports, documentation and any other correspondence and information about the service that the clinical suppliers are delivering to review their clinical decisions making.
- Supporting HCML’s Supplier Manager to ensure high performance delivery against KPIs by our customers
- Offering active and passive support and advice to HCML staff on clinical questions, and also in relation to the audit findings Examples include, real-time clinical support, 1-2-1 feedback sessions with individual staff, briefing out audit findings in team huddles, or setting up “lunch and learn” sessions as part of HCML’s academy to educate HCML staff as to common issues and remedial actions
- Identifying the root causes behind non-compliance and working with the wider performance, operations, and support teams to eliminate these root causes and improve compliance and performance across the business
- Supporting the P&QM Manager to write informative reporting for the Operating Board and the company Board to show the level of non-compliance across the business and setting out remedial action plans to improve quality and performance
- Supporting the P&QM Manager and relevant line managers to implement and complete remedial actions plans
- Working with HCML’s P&QM manager and Business Analyst to use findings from the audits performed by their team to identify efficiency gains and system and process improvements across the business to find the most efficient ways of working creating increased capacity to focus on accelerating the recovery of the rehabilitation clients in our care.
- Work with owners of HCML policies (e.g. the incident management policy, clinical governance policy, health & safety etc.) to ensure that those policies are up to date and accessible to all staff on the quality management system (QMS) and that all staff and contractors receive training on the policies relevant to them
- Undertake any other duties required, commensurate with the grade and level of authority of the post.
- Proactively identify, share and implement ways to continuously improve HCML as a business and employer.
- Demonstrate and champion behaviours and attitudes consistent with HCML values.
- Abide by the HCML policies and procedures in force and remain up to date with any changes that may apply from time to time.
Although staff across the business will be managed and supported by their own line managers (many of whom will be clinicians themselves), the CQA will be expected to be a sounding board for clinical and other discussions. This can occur in many different mediums such as team huddles, one on one chats, case clinic meetings (where case managers discuss particularly tricky cases among themselves as peer support) or anything else. The CQA will be expected to be able to support staff in finding out answers to questions that they may have and of knowing who in the business, among our multiple clinical experts, is the right person to go to for different areas of expertise.
- Auditing qualifications (e.g. with the IIA)
- Experience of clinical audit.
- Experience of working with health professionals at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience of managing databases.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical background
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Experience, Qualifications and Training
- You must be actively registered with the HCPC as a physiotherapist, occupational therapist, or with the NMC as a nurse
- Competent in assessment and treatment of MSK conditions
- Experience of supporting and helping others to find answers to clinical questions and of working with individuals and groups to help them succeed in their roles
- Experience in a job that has involved handling of data.
- Experience of internal audit processes and procedures
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Personable and approachable
- Great customer service attitude
- Comfortable working autonomously and able to learn independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal and written English communication
- A desire for continual improvement
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to our Internal Recruiter - firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability to have a short call to discuss the role and your experience in more detail.