Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Clinical Lead and Manager - Enfield Wheelchair Service
Payscale MM2 - £48,801 - £62,421
(comparable with NHS band 8a)
Full-time (36 hours) | Permanent position
Enfield Wheelchair Service is an individual NHS funded service provided by the London Borough of Enfield, offering a comprehensive service to people of all ages living with long term mobility problems. Due to current post-holder retirement we have a vacancy for a Clinical Lead and Manager to join our established and proactive team to drive delivery of wheelchair services across the London Borough of Enfield.
This is an exciting opportunity to extend and develop your specialist clinical leadership and management skills through providing strategic and operational leadership to ensure safe and clinically effective delivery of wheelchair services and will lead a team which includes Highly Specialist clinicians, technical instructor, and a wheelchair operations team plus external supplier contracts which support and are integral to wheelchair service delivery.
The post holder will hold an appropriate clinical caseload and provide clinical support and oversight, leading regular review and updates to both clinical delivery and support processes. They will take responsibility for excellent customer service and clinical provision, identifying and implementing improvements to the service including national guidance, governance, improving customer outcomes and ensuring compliance with performance targets as agreed with LBE, with NCL (Enfield) CCG and with NHS England.
To be successful you will have excellent communication skills and be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues both within and external to the wheelchair service. You will have strong organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to provide flexible innovation.
Applications for the post are invited from individuals who have experience within relevant services and who have a working knowledge of wheelchairs and associated equipment. The candidate should be confident, well organized, proficient at solving problems and have practiced negotiation skills.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note, if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed.
Closing at 23:59 on Monday 26th September 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Deniz Akin on 0208 148 4898 or Deniz.Akin@enfield.gov.uk
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Des O'Donoghue on 0208 132 2091 or Cathy St John 07967 336 767 or Claire Spencer on 0208 132 2030 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.