Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Senior Physiotherapist in our onsite clinic at our Newcastle Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital
Join our team at Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital, located in Jesmond; you will be working at one of the north easts leading private hospitals, with a Good CQC rating, we have 27 en-suite private bedrooms, 3 state-of-the-art operating theatres, a dedicated breast care unit. We offer on-site pathology services and diagnostic imaging including CT and MRI, to help patients after surgery we have on-site physiotherapy specialists.
We have a special focus in the areas of orthopaedics, spinal surgery, ophthalmology, weight loss surgery and cosmetic treatment.
We pride ourselves on delivering patient care of the highest standard. That’s why we are looking for the very best healthcare professionals to join our team.
Find out more about our hospital-
You will see a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions and post operative cases, playing a key role in helping our patients achieve, maintain and recover to the level of health and wellbeing that they aspire to. The role will principally be working as an inpatient physiotherapist working within elective orthopaedics
You will work within a multidisciplinary team including nurses, AHPS and consultants in order to optimise the health and recovery of our patients.
The hospital is brilliantly placed to support and mentor the successful candidate for this role, alongside our academy training programmes. As a Physiotherapist you will;
- Deliver high quality, effective clinical care.
- Adhere to our values and beliefs at Nuffield Health, in which we encourage behaviour which is enterprising, passionate, independent and caring.
- Deliver excellent clinical care that is evidence based, Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-led and responsive to our patient’s needs.
- Ensure on-going monitoring of the standard of treatment provided
- Be compliant with all professional, clinical and integrated governance standards and participate in clinical audit and other quality assurance processes
To succeed as a Physiotherapist you will;
- Have a BSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent, you’ll be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Have experience working within elective orthopaedic surgery, particularly inpatients
- Demonstrate evidence of further professional training and continual professional development, reflecting your desire to develop as a practitioner.
- Be a confident communicator with the ability to engage effectively with the general public and other healthcare professionals.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent manual therapy skills.
- Be a competent and confident IT user with strong organisation skills
- Have the ability to prioritise and deal with your varied workload in an effective and timely manner.
It’s equally important that you share our values. We believe in putting people first and providing personalised, holistic healthcare. That makes you part of a much wider team, working to create a healthier future for each individual client.
- Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
- Access to our Pension Scheme.
- Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
We encourage flexible working and flexibility with shift patterns.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - Up to £18 per hour (Dependent On Experience)
Location - Newcastle Upon Tyne
Contract Type - Bank
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week, but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.