Why Bupa? What’s in it for you?
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
These benefits have been carefully crafted to really make a difference to our people’s lives, supporting a work-life balance whilst keeping focus on mental and physical wellbeing:
- Equivalent to 20 days annual leave per year, accrued on a monthly basis based on the number of hours worked each month from commencement of employment.
- Discounted private medical insurance to help you keep fit and healthy
- Various family friendly benefits and discounts online from shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
- Subsidised staff canteen and coffee shop lead by expert caterers.
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Subsidised Gym membership to aid your physical and mental wellbeing
Bank Cardiothoracic Physiotherapist (weekend/bank holiday cover)
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, SW5 0TU
£31.38 per hour for weekends and £35.37 per hour for bank holidays
Are you a competent and keen Physiotherapist able provide assessment and treatment to a caseload of patients with varied and often complex needs?
Can you provide a client-centred and evidence-based service to adult inpatients to continue their therapy care on weekends and bank holidays?
Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org within our Recruitment team where we can answer any questions and if interested, arrange an informal site visit.
Your patients will be referred mainly from ITU, the cardiac and surgical wards, however sometimes from the rehab and oncology wards.
What will the role as our Bank Cardiothoracic Physiotherapist look like?
- You shall be responsible for the physiotherapy management of the patient load assigned to you.
- Practise as an autonomous and accountable professional using reflective practise and clinical reasoning in undertaking specialist assessment in order to provide an individualised treatment programme for each patient.
- Your caseload will consist of patients with varied respiratory and cardiac presentations including those undergoing cardiothoracic or major general surgery, acute and chronic respiratory or cardiac conditions as per consultant referral.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and provide appropriate physiotherapy services to the adult Intensive Care Unit.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and timely patient treatment records and record reasons if a patient was not seen.
- Manage clinical risk within your caseload and ensure potential clinical risk is effectively communicated and managed.
- Liaise with nursing staff and assess or deal appropriately with any new admissions not included on your handover list.
- Feedback regarding patient’s status and any variation of treatment on the relevant notes.
- Liaise with the Physiotherapist on call regarding any concerns and potential issues by contacting the therapist directly.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Physiotherapy.
- HCPC registration.
- CSP membership.
- Proven broad experience in the field of cardiorespiratory physiotherapy including acute respiratory, critical care, general surgery and general medical caseloads.
- Knowledge of specialist devices appropriate to respiratory care.
- On call experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm.
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
How to apply
Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email email@example.com within our Recruitment team where we can answer any questions or, if interested, arrange an informal site visit.