Along with a competitive salary we offer an industry leading Rewards and Benefits package which includes:
- Excellent Employers Pension Contribution
- 30 days Annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- New Holiday Purchase Scheme up to 5 additional days
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- BUPA Cash Plan
- 50% off Tuition Fee’s for staff dependants
- CU Reward Scheme – Discounts across a range of High Street/ Online Retailers
- New Electric Car Scheme
- Cycle To Work scheme
Assistant Teaching Fellow in Occupational Therapy
Division/ Department: PeoplesFuture Limited (PFL), PFL Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
Salary: £31,792.00 - £44,784.00 pro rata/per annum
Permanent, Part Time
Job Reference: 1195
PeoplesFuture Ltd (a sister company of Coventry University) provides a sector leading, dedicated inclusive service to Coventry University Group students supporting their successful global education experience and graduate employment outcomes. Tailoring our service to each students’ individual needs and career aspirations, we are an integral part of the student journey that starts at enrolment and continues beyond graduation.
As an Assistant Teaching Fellow in Occupational Therapy based within the School of Health and Care you will support teaching, curriculum development, and course co-ordination while supporting the development and delivery of undergraduate teaching and other core activities.
Assisting in teaching on modules and courses at Higher Education levels 4, 5 and 6 in relevant academic subject areas, you will deliver a variety of types of student learning sessions including small group teaching and marking. Supporting students as appropriate through both informal and formal communication throughout teaching semesters students have an effective learning experience. This new post has been developed to support preparation for placement, you will work alongside an experienced placement team and support readying our learners for their practice placements including co-ordinating delivery of clinical skills training, placement preparation and reflection sessions.
- Uphold high standards of academic integrity in all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment and to support students in this objective.
- Co-ordination and facilitation of preparation for placement learning
- Delivery and co-ordination of specific occupational therapy skills based sessions in readiness for practice including mandatory and statutory training
- Supporting practice based learning
- Assessment of practice based learning
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- Master’s degree in an appropriate subject would be advantageous
- You must be registered with the HCPC as an occupational therapist
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
- Willingness to acquire a teaching qualification if not already held.
Our Successful Candidate
You will have demonstrable experience of supporting learning within Occupational Therapy including practice based learning and informal settings with high standards of teaching, learning and student engagement consistent with our reputation and track record as a high-quality provider of teaching and learning.
You will be enthusiastic and self-motivated and have experience supporting, enhancing and engaging in an ‘active learning’ pedagogy with evidence in proactively supporting success in learning.
Joining a global education provider, experience and awareness of learners cultural differences and expectations with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
You will have the ability to demonstrate best practice in teaching, learning and assessment along with high standards in engagement consistent with our reputation and track record as a high-quality provider of teaching and learning.
How to apply
Please click the apply link to make an application for this role.
If you would like to informally discuss this role further, please contact – Dr Tracey Rehling email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 13/02/2024