BMI Harbour Hospital in Poole is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for an Advanced Practice Physiotherapist to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
We are looking for a Chartered Physiotherapist with extensive postgraduate MSK physiotherapy experience to join our department as an Advanced Practise Physiotherapist. This role will be on an initial fixed term basis until June 2020 and will provide clinical leadership within the physiotherapy department. The post will be out-patient based and will primarily manage a physiotherapy caseload. There will also be involvement working with some of our orthopaedic consultants in the Advanced role as well as potential for seeing referrals direct from insurers in the Advanced Role. Training will be available both on site and within the company for those applicants that require specific training at the Advanced level.
We are a busy department of experienced senior physiotherapists looking for a colleague to join us in one of the best parts of the country to be active and enjoy the great outdoors. We receive referrals from a variety of sources including consultants, GPs and also patients referring themselves for physiotherapy. We specialise in rehabilitation from injury and surgery and treat a variety of problems including soft tissue injury, post operative patients and spinal pain. We have invested in state of the art rehabilitation facilities including the AlterG treadmill and Wattbike, aiming to get our patients back to the best level possible. Our most important investment is in our staff and we benefit from a high standard of in house training as well as access to the funded, external BMI Healthcare physiotherapy training plan.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Critical understanding of personal scope of practice
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Provide high levels of clinical leadership.
Duties of this role include:
- Working independently, but alongside GP colleagues or Consultant colleagues, you will act as a first point of contact for patients and will lead patient care management, to include assessment, treatment and onward referral for diagnostic or secondary care services as required.
- Lead and co-ordinate care for patients presenting with MSK conditions (potentially complex).
- Provide and advise on a range of treatment options, with the personal scope of practice and competence to undertake independent prescribing and injection therapy
- Provide and advise on a range of treatment options, with the personal scope of practice and competence to undertake independent prescribing and injection therapy if required by clinical area.
- Identify the need for and refer patients for investigations (including medical imaging/x-rays, blood tests and nerve conduction studies) and use the results to support diagnosis and decision-making re. treatment options.
- Develop MSK protocols, establishing and maintaining referral criteria to the MSK triage service, with clear exclusion and inclusion criteria.
- Work with GPs and other colleagues to develop and improve referral patterns.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.