- Advance your career in clinical leadership and clinical practice
- Permanent part time position (0.8 FTE)
Join one of the largest Allied Health Services in New Zealand recognised for providing timely and effective services that its communities can rely on. This is a real opportunity to advance your career in both advanced clinical practice and clinical leadership.
About the role
In this Advanced Clinician role, you will work across Auckland DHB and the greater Auckland region including primary care, to provide advanced physiotherapy clinical knowledge, advice and guidance based on best evidence to promote high quality, effective management and advanced physiotherapy practice within the area of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
The focus of this role is on care delivery and case management of patients/clients with complex problems within the area of practice, advanced clinical education and working collaboratively and consultatively with the primary physiotherapist and interdisciplinary team locally and regionally. You will lead the development of pathways, protocols and guidelines and facilitate effective interdisciplinary models of assessment and intervention and contributes to the review and development of cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. You will also evaluate service requirements and contribute to clinical audit and research relevant to the area of practice.
This is a 0.8FTE position of 32 hours per week, with a clinical caseload. You would also be required to participate in our weekend and on-call roster.
For more information, please contact Hannah Zuhir, Clinical Lead Physiotherapist on email@example.com
As the ideal candidate for this role you will have the following skills and attributes :-
- Either have or be eligible for New Zealand registration and annual practising certificate as a Physiotherapist
- At least 6 years full time experience with 4 years experience within cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Membership of relevant professional association
- Relevant clinical post graduate certificate or diploma or equivalent
- Experience of providing adult education ideally with experience with project and change management.
- Excellent skills in clinical decision making, communication and inter-personal skills
- Resilient, resourceful, proactive with the ability to resolve conflict and find viable solutions for complex issues
What we can offer you
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the largest healthcare provider and teaching hospital in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre. Here is what we can offer you:
- On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Excellent support from experienced practitioners, peer reviews and professional supervision
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email, Sonu Anand, Recruitment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref #ADHB6616A