This year's Student Reference Group have had a busy year! Despite never meeting up in person, the 12 student members who make up the SRG have made such a valuable contribution and worked hard to represent the student voice.
Let's take a look back at the achievements of the CSP's SRG over the past year...
Promoted and provided CPD for students
- Organised and hosted webinars to live audiences of 500 covering a range of topics from Long Covid, frailty, FCP, starting your first job and much more.
- Manned the virtual Student stand at #Physio20
- Ran 4 Instagram Lives on placements, the future of physiotherapy, paediatrics, and learning disabilities and pelvic health
Celebrated achievements and inspired others
- Selected the winners for 2020's CSP Student Contribution Awards
- Ran 8 weeks of takeovers of @thecspstudents and oversaw takeovers from 13 physio societies and student groups
From start to finish, being a member of the SRG has been an amazing opportunity that has opened so many doors for me. I have successfully networked with physiotherapists from all over the UK and have had the opportunity to host Instagram lives and run the CSP students social media platforms. (Hannah, Ulster University)
Reached and engaged student members
- Helped grow @thecspstudents social media accounts with an extra 4,700 followers since September 2020!
- Wrote 12 articles for Frontline and the CSP’s Student Life ebulletin
- Raised awareness of the CSP's Diversity Networks, opportunities and events
- Kept student members up to date on the latest CPD opportunities with monthly iCSP bulletins and posts (csp.org.uk/icsp/students)
- Created a forum for student physio society committee members to promote networking and peer support
The Student Reference Group (SRG) has really helped me grow in confidence and allowed me to improve my leadership skills. I have met some amazing Physiotherapy students along the way and was able to get some fantastic ideas of best practice on so many different things from running an effective society to improving my CPD portfolio using the CSP website. Finally, being apart of the SRG allowed me to join the Welsh CSP Board as well on their meetings which was a fantastic experience and learnt so much around the decisions that were made and the exciting projects that were happening around Wales.(Iwan, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
Represented the student voice and increased support
- Fed back on new and updated CSP resources and guidance to ensure they meet the needs of students and graduates
- Voiced students’ concerns about the pandemic and contributed to resources and events to support
- Represented the student voice at national CSP meetings, on CSP forums and at external events
It has massively increased my confidence, and this has been reflected in my work. The CSP students team are great enablers, with whom we have achieved so much. (Hannah, Ulster University)
A big thank you to our SRG members David, Bea, Leesha, Kieron, Martin, Rebecca, Hannah, Connor, Julia, Iwan, Esther and Alan, for their enthusiasm, commitment and hard work!
We are currently conducting interviews for the next SRG and look forward to working with them during 2021/2022.
Number of subscribers: 1