The NI board leads and represents the profession in Northern Ireland, promoting excellence in physiotherapy and influencing healthcare policy.
Board members who are happy to be contacted directly have shared their contact details.
All other members can be contacted via email@example.com, including the name of the member you wish to contact.
You can also download the CSP NI AGM and Board Meeting Notes here as well as the CSP NI Board Activities for 2015 and 2016 and the Chair’s Summary document.
A message from Catherine Burke
As physiotherapists, we understand that it is our professional responsibility to provide care and support to patients. Examples of excellence in patient treatment should be acknowledged and celebrated. However, care and support of colleagues and our profession are also a worthy endeavours. As chair of the CSP Northern Ireland Board, I am privileged to witness the dedication of physiotherapists who donate time and energy to supporting their colleagues in the widest sense, by getting involved in Board activities to promote and raise awareness of the profession, help to broaden opportunities for members and influence local policy.
To continue this work, the Board has considered the CSP strategies for the next 3 years and prioritised areas to focus on locally.
We plan to:
- Engage/influence commissioners and decision makers so we can help shape the transformation of health and social care and increase employment and business opportunities for physiotherapists.
- Gather evidence in the form of patient stories to demonstrate the clinical impact and cost effectiveness of physiotherapy services to maintain health and wellbeing.
- Promote involvement in Industrial Relations and Health & Safety issues to represent and protect the interests of our members.
- Encourage involvement in the CSP at all levels of the profession, in particular this year we will focus on Band 5 and equivalent members.
In order to achieve these objectives, short life working groups will concentrate on specific tasks. We realise that some local CSP members are not in a position to commit to Board membership but may feel able to contribute in some way to a specific project.
We would welcome any volunteers, who can get in touch through a local board member or via Hilary McErlean at the CSP NI office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
At times it is also useful to the Board to be able to call upon the advice or expertise of someone in a specific clinical area and we will seek to create a contact list of specialists for this purpose.
The CSP NI Board works on behalf of all local members and therefore any member who would like to attend one or more future meetings, will be most welcome.
The venue is Musgrave Park Hospital and dates for 2017 are as follows:
- Monday 12th June, 4pm;
- Monday 18th September, 4pm;
- Monday 4th December, 2pm;
For details of the CSP NI Board membership and objectives, please click on the links below.
Catherine Burke CSP NI Board Chair
- Chair: Catherine Burke
- Vice Chair: Siobhan McAuley
- Treasurer: Dr Fidelma Moran (temporary)
- Communications officer: Fiona Talbot