MSc students Emily, Hannah, Laura and Elaine were on placement at the CSP during July and August. As student members of the CSP, they wanted to share what member benefits they use to support their studies. Here’s their top 10
- This is an amazing bank of information which includes journal articles, eBooks and theses to support learning and help with assignments and research.
2 iCSP Forums
- There are forums for every CSP network. Browse topics and add your own new thread to start networking with other physios, share your ideas with the wider physio community and ask for support on topics you might be struggling with.
3 Access to CSP networks
- The CSP has a range of diversity, professional and regional networks to help you meet like-minded individuals, supporting you with your career from day one.
- There are loads of CPD opportunities available, including frequent webinars, leadership development programmes and help for building your physiotherapy e-portfolio.
- When you sign up for your membership you can choose a free pocketbook, which is very helpful on placement!
6 Physiotherapy UK conference
- As a student you get a reduced ticket price to the UK’s biggest physiotherapy conference (just £49 for both days) … or if you volunteer your entry is free!
- The CSP have a mentoring scheme available for fi nal-year students – there are loads of mentors you can reach out to for support and guidance to help meet your personal development goals.
8 Funding opportunities
- From financial help with electives placements, to support for students facing financial hardship, the CSP provides some great funding opportunities to help you through your studies.
9 Support during Covid-19
- When things have been a bit rocky, the CSP has helped to ensure our degrees have kept on track and have been there to answer any questions or concerns about our uncertainties.
10 Life post-graduation
- From advice about how to search and apply for your new job to support stepping into your post-graduate role, the CSP have a host of great tips to support you as you take a step into the working world
The CSP has been a great source of support throughout my degree, particularly providing support and reassurance during the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. The Discovery platform has been incredibly useful when writing assignments and I found my elective placement through the CSP neuro network! I would encourage all students to join the CSP and really engage with the member benefits they provide.
Elaine Paterson, Robert Gordon University
Share your member tips and stories on Twitter and Instagram @thecspstudents
Number of subscribers: 1