The CSP is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
We believe every member who doesn’t identify as one or more of the equality strands can and should be an ally to members who do.
There are a number of ways you can be an LGBTQIA+ ally
- lifelong learning is a crucial element of allyship. Listen to LGBTQIA+ people and organisations while also doing your research to expand your learning on the history and challenges faced by the community.
- challenge discrimination towards LGBTQIA+ people. Sadly, this is still widespread. We have a responsibility to educate ourselves to speak out against discrimination in all of its forms. If you see discrimination online, you should report it.
- respect LGBTQIA+ experiences. One person’s experiences don’t reflect the entire community, so please listen to every individual.
- support the CSP LGBTQIA+ community. You can follow the CSP LGBTQIA+ network on Twitter @CSPLGBTQIA+, engage in future community events such as Pride and have an understanding of how far we still have to go.
- Your CSP reps, senior negotiating officers and national officer for equality and diversity are here to support you through any workplace issues you may be facing, including homophobia, biphobia, transphobia.
- If you need support, contact the CSP enquiries line 0207 306 6666.
- The CSP’s LGBTQIA+ network supports and empowers members with regards to LGBTQIA+ inclusion in the physiotherapy profession.
- We look at how you can be an LGBTQIA+ ally.
Resources for allyship
Siân Caulfield is the CSP’s national officer for equality and diversity
Number of subscribers: 1