Burning question - self-employed and paying for union services

CSP experts give you regular updates on employment-related issues. Got an issue you’re worried about? Ask your steward/student rep or, if you don’t have one, contact the CSP.

‘I’m self-employed.   Why should I pay for union services (and the Labour Party!) through my CSP subscription?’

The CSP works hard to ensure the strongest possible service to all members.

Although some of the trade union services provided are only relevant for members who are employed, we offer free legal services and full representation at the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) for self-employed members.

Self-employed practitioners make up more than half of the CSP’s HCPC cases.

Sixteen trade unions are affiliated to the Labour Party, each with a legally-constituted political fund which members can ‘opt out’ of.

The CSP is not one of these unions and does not donate money to any political party.

This is intended as general information only and does not replace individual advice.

Number of subscribers: 0

Log in to comment and read comments that have been added