Burning Question: Can I be transferred under TUPE against my wishes?

CSP experts give you regular updates on employment-related issues. Got an issue you’re worried about? Ask your steward/student rep or, if you don’t have one, contact the CSP. View previous columns here. 

My NHS trust lost a competitive tender to a private provider. Why should we have to transfer our employment against our wishes?

The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) regulations, or TUPE, protect employees’ jobs when their company or the service they provide changes hands.

However, workers can remain with their original employer but only if the employer agrees and there is a suitable post to be deployed into.

To find out more, click here. 

You can also speak to your CSP workplace steward or contact the CSP. Tel: 020 7306 6666. This is intended as general information only and does not replace individual advice.

Frontline Staff

Number of subscribers: 1

Log in to comment and read comments that have been added