Sporting Upper Limb Masterclass
9th - 10th July 2022
Florence Nightingale Community Hospital, London Road, Derby DE1 2QY.
Trainer: Ian Gatt
MSc OMT MAACP MCSP BSc (Hons)
This 2-day course has been shaped to combine effective methods of assessment, treatment, and functional rehabilitation of the whole Upper Limb; Hand, Wrist, Elbow and Shoulder. The tutor has a strong background in the management of these areas and will present a course that will allow clinicians to enhance their existing knowledge and impact positively in their respective practice. The content is constantly updated with new evidence-based practice from clinical experience and concurrent research. To date the content delivered by the tutor has been equally very well received by physiotherapists, occupational therapists, sports therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, doctors, and other allied professionals. Whether you are working in a private clinic, hospital setting, MOD, or sporting environment you will surely find this to be immediately applicable to your role. These two days will engage your learning in an interactive and fun environment.
- Functional overview of the applied mechanics of the Upper Limb aimed at improving the overall understanding of this region.
- Discussion, demonstration and practice of Assessment and Treatment approaches for the Upper Limb.
- Kinetic Chain considerations of the Upper Limb to enhance assessment and treatment approaches.
- Clinical reasoning for treatment and rehabilitation progression, with inclusion of real case studies
- Use of objective measures for Upper Limb to enhance return to sport & return to performance.
- Attendance Certificate: Yes
- CPD Hours: 16