Mobilise – to prepare, to awaken and to move.
NOI’s classic, longest running course, Mobilisation of the Nervous System, has evolved. Based on the latest evidence, the course has been completely updated and re-written ‘from the basic science up’. The research is compelling – the immune system via its interaction with the nervous system is a critical player in learning, memory, movement and sensitivity. This new understanding integrates peripheral and central processes and targets therapy towards healthy neuroimmune balance.
This comprehensive lecture and hands-on course integrates the latest research on neurodynamics and neuroimmune science to provide a clinical reasoning framework to identify those patients who will benefit from neuroimmune mobilisation. The course then updates and refines the essential practical skills to examine and manage the physical health of the nervous system – skilled, safe and appropriately timed handling techniques are covered in detail during labs and practical sessions.
This course is for health professionals and registered medical practitioners, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, clinicians with a ‘hands-on’ license.
To enhance your course outcomes, the following pre-reading is strongly recommended:
- Butler DS (2000) The Sensitive Nervous System, Noigroup, Adelaide. (Chapters 2-5)
- Nee RJ, Butler DS 2006 Management of peripheral neuropathic pain. Integrating neurobiology, neurodynamics and clinical evidence. Physical Therapy in Sport: 7: 36-49
- Yirmiya R, Goshen I (2011) Immune modulation of learning, memory, neural plasticity and neurogenesis. Brain, Behav, Immun 25: 181
Buy now: www.noiukshop.com
This course aims to:
- provide a basic knowledge of neuroanatomy, neurodynamics, neuroimmunology and neuropathobiology related to the manual examination of the nervous system
- teach safe and effective diagnostic skills in the examination and interpretation of physical dysfunction of the nervous system
- present neurodynamic movements and techniques as antigenic
- provide new therapeutic narrative for explaining symptoms in conditions with altered neurodynamics
- deliver a deeper understanding of known, ‘tough’ clinical presentations such as chronic nerve root problems and persistent entrapment pathologies
watch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNSvhdpFCrA