Evidence-Based Practical Application for the Treatment of Cerebral Palsy: A two-day course for therapy assistants and technicians
8th – 9th February 2022
Venue: Florence Nightingale Community Hospital, Derby DE1 2QY
Course tutor: Dr Pauline Christmas
This course is designed for therapy assistants and technicians and offers a comprehensive
overview of important aspects of therapy for the child with cerebral palsy. It is a practical
course designed to apply the latest evidence to practice and uses a combination of lectures, video analysis, case presentations and practical sessions. At the end of each day there are questions to test learning. Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
Following completion of the course participants will have gained an understanding of:
- How the different types of cerebral palsy present and how the child’s activity and development may be affected.
- Some underlying principles of assessment and treatment from an Evidence-based perspective and when and how they may be used.
- How therapists may apply Evidence-based practice to everyday activities.
- The role of play in therapeutic intervention.
- The role of equipment in therapeutic intervention.
CPD certificate of attendance awarded at end of the course: 14.5 hours