Kinesio Taping made its first major appearance at the Bejing Olympics. Since then it has taken the world by storm as increasing numbers of healthcare professionals – physiotherapists, sports therapists, osteopaths, chiropractors, occupational therapists, massage therapists and lymphoedema specialists – have embraced the Kinesio Taping Method as an effective aid in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. Whether patients are athletes with complicated injuries, or members of the general public with common muscle and joint problems - Kinesio Taping has become a sought-after additional skill for practitioners.
Why should I attend a Kinesio Course?
Kinesio UK offer the only training courses in the UK and Ireland endorsed by the KTAI (Kinesio Taping Association International), founded by Dr Kase and recognised worldwide. The KTAI is a group of medical professionals dedicated to advancing the science of the Kinesio Taping method through education, clinical practice and research ensuring Kinesio Taping remains at the forefront of fascial, lymphatic and muscle taping.
What do I get on a Kinesio Course?
On an approved Kinesio Taping course (KT1 & KT2), participants receive the most up-to-date instruction available on the Kinesio Taping Method from highly qualified certified instructors (CKTI) who have undertaken an extensive training program, taught by Dr Kase. Each course follows a specific curriculum and practitioners receive certification with trial access to a reference database
Our objective is to provide every practitioner on a course with Kinesio Taping skills through expert instruction, including using the tape for:-
• Re-education of the neuromuscular system
• Support and relaxation for muscles
• Muscle injury prevention
• Swelling and pain reduction
• Improved functional movement and positioning
What will I learn on a Kinesio course?
KT1 – Fundamental Concepts, Screening/Muscle Test & Muscle Applications
• Introduction to Kinesio Taping Concepts (2 hrs)
• History of Kinesio Taping technique
• Introduction to Kinesio Taping Concepts
• Benefits and limitations of Kinesio Taping
• Physical characteristics and qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape
• Application of tape to learn proper ‘feel’ and how to remove tape from backing
• Examine difference between longitudinal and cross-wise stretching of the tape
• Stretch properties of Kinesio Tape
• Basic application techniques of how tape is cut and applied, preparation of body part to be taped and maintenance of tape once it is applied
• Apply the Kinesio Taping Method to relax overuse syndromes, stimulate weak muscles and decrease pain and swelling
• Basic Upper Body Kinesio Taping Techniques (3hrs)
• Basic Lower Body Kinesio Taping Techniques (3hrs)
KT2 – Advanced Concepts and Corrective Techniques
• Corrective Kinesio Taping Techniques (2 hrs)
• Mechanical, Functional, Space, Fascia, Ligament/Tendon, Functional and Lymphatic
• Corrective Technique Applications (6 hrs)
• Practice applying these techniques to a variety of upper and lower body conditions.
• Discuss and apply the Kinesio Taping Method to orthopaedic and neurological conditions
What will I be able to do at the end of the Kinesio course?
• Understand the concepts of Kinesio Taping Method
• Understand the unique qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape
• Apply Kinesio Taping correctly for pain, swelling, joint mobility, and stability
• Correctly apply Kinesio Taping techniques for treatment clinical conditions