Trainers: Lucy Gwynne, Physiotherapy Lead for Neuro-Rehabilitation for South Warwickshire Foundation Trust
Michelle Kudhail, Inspire Neurocare, Clinical Director
The aims of this course are to teach you how to assess and treat the multi factorial aspects of balance in a time effective way.
- To provide a framework for multi factorial balance assessment in patients in community and/or hospital settings.
- To develop a treatment programme that patients can follow in a safe and effective way with and without the therapist present.
- Assessment of motor components of balance.
- Evidence based treatments for retraining motor components of balance.
- Assessment of sensory components of balance.
- Evidence based treatments for retraining sensory components of balance.
- Assessment of cognitive components of balance.
- Evidence based treatments for retraining cognitive components of balance.
By the end of the course the participant should be able to:
- Assess all components of balance in the clinical setting.
- Evidence the reason for interventions using current research.
- Develop a treatment strategy to address each aspect of balance.
This course is aimed at therapists working with people who have balance issues from any cause.
CPD Certificate of Attendance Awarded: 14 hours
Limited funded places may be available for AHP’s & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands.