Back Rehabilitation – The 3R’s Approach
19th - 20th May 2021
Venue: Online via Zoom
Lecturer: Dr Christopher Norris
Based on Dr Chris Norris’ book Complete Guide to Back Rehabilitation (Bloomsbury, 2015) this 2 day course presents an evidence based program to safely and effectively manage low back injuries using exercise therapy.
A balance of theory and practice is used to provide a state-or-the-art approach to modern rehab. Lectures, practical demonstrations, partner work, and small group problem solving are all used to provide a stimulating, easy to follow course.
Specific Topics will include:
- Functional anatomy of the spine
- Lumbo-pelvic mechanics
- Mechanics of lifting
- Biopsychosocial approach to Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP)
- Pain science – what is it and when is it relevant?
- Posture evaluation an update
- Core stability – where are we now?
- Concepts in exercise therapy
- Teaching techniques for clinical clients
- Cueing (visual / tactile / auditory), adjustments,
- Optimal tissue loading & rehab planning
- Low back pain – not all in the tissues
- Exercise progression – from injury onset to return to work.
Suitable for therapists and exercise teachers of all types.
CPD: 13.5 hours
Fee: £270 (including refreshments)
Limited funded places may be available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS within the East Midlands
DAY ONE: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm (with 2 x 15 minute breaks & a 30 minute break for lunch)
DAY TWO: 9.00 am - 3.30 pm (with 2 x 15 minute breaks & no lunch)
• Functional anatomy of the spine
• Lumbo-pelvic mechanics
• Mechanics of lifting
• Biopsychosocial approach to Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP)
• Pain science – what is it and when is it relevant?
• Posture evaluation an update
• Core stability – where are we now?
• Concepts in exercise therapy
• Teaching techniques for clinical clients
• Cueing (visual / tactile / auditory), adjustments,
• Optimal tissue loading & rehab planning
• Low back pain – not all in the tissues
• Exercise progression – from injury onset to return to work.