When: 31st October 2022
Duration: 1 Day
Where: Florence Nighingale Community Hospital
An evidence-based practical day course that gives you the tools to assess and rehabilitate the younger athlete from injury through to a safe return to play and sport. Delivered by Angela Jackson, a highly experienced Youth Athlete Consultant physio, she will share with you her extensive experience in giving children the confidence and tools they need to meet the demands of their active sporty lives.
- • Be able to complete an objective assessment of the athlete to establish the capacity of the athlete at different stages of rehabilitation
- • Be able to assess the athlete to identify any known risk factors associated with injury
- • To develop a more extensive toolbox for exercise prescription
- • To improve treatment outcomes and reduce the risk of recurrence in junior athletes.
- • Know how to assess when an athlete is ready & confident to return to sport/play
Who will Benefit
This course is applicable to all musculoskeletal therapists who see sporty adolescents in their clinical setting both within private, sports club and NHS settings. This is not just a course for therapists who work with elite athletes but those children who are injured from juggling multiple sports as they go through the adolescent growth spurt.
CPD: 7.5 Hours
Contact: NCORE, firstname.lastname@example.org (01332 254679)