Our Acupuncture general update course has been one of our most popular courses over the last 10 years. Delegates consistently rate this course 5 star, leaving not only with new needling skills, but with the confidence to apply them from day 1.
This hybrid course takes advantage of online learning, which takes place before and after a session of face to face teaching, that has a predominant focus upon needling skills.
Curated and delivered by Dr. Carl Clarkson, a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Authority., who has taught acupuncture globally for over 10 years
Online component - prior to face to face sessionONLINE
- Prior to the face to face session, you will complete safety lessons on our online platform. You will learn:
- Contraindications and precautions
- Adverse events
- How to deal with adverse events
- Needle insertion fundamentals takes you through video demonstrations of how we choose needle size, and how we can clinically reason our acupoints choices, no matter which part of the body is needled.
- Pain physiology, and the impact acupuncture has on descending inhibition
Face to face component
Here, you will cover:
- Low back
- Achilles tendon
Plenty of needling skills taught and practiced, with plenty of opportunity to discuss implications for future practice. Have a client in mind? Bring along their case history, and we can tailor your acupuncture intervention to suit their symptoms
After the face to face session, case studies and multi choice quizzes will help to consolidate your learning, making sure you are confident to apply the learning activities immediately.
Dr. Carl Clarkson
PhD, MSc Acupuncture, PGCE Adult Education BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
To book onto one of our courses, head towww.acuphys.co.uk, follow me on
Twitter : @acuphys_carl, or like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/acuphystraining