Year published: 2021
The CSP has responded to the 'Data Saves Lives: Reshaping Health and Social Care with Data'. We strongly welcome the intention of the strategy and believe accessible high quality data is essential in order to:
- Understand population level needs in order for services and workforce to be planned effectively
- Know who is and isn’t accessing services so that services and systems can address barriers to access and redress health inequities
- Stratify need and assess risk so that services can be targeted to have maximum impact
- Drive service quality improvement
- Deliver the commitments contained in the NHS Long Term Plan
Download the document below for more detail, including recommendations on addressing gaps in data to tackle health inequity, building trust in health data sharing, and collaboration on data between UK countries.