The references listed below are all cited within this section of the website.
- Baumberg L, Long A, Jefferson J (1995) International workshop: culture and outcomes: Barcelona, 9-10 June 1995; European Clearing House on Health Outcomes, Leeds;
- Binkley JM, Stratford PW, Lott SA et al (1999) The lower extremity functional scale (LEFS): Scale development, measurement properties, and clinical application Physical Therapy 79, 4, 371 - 383;
- Cole B et al (1994) Physical Rehabilitation Outcome Measures. Canadian Physical Therapy Association, Ontario;
- Garratt AM, Schmidt L, Mackintosh A, Fitzpatrick R. (2002) Quality of life measurement: bibliographic study of patient assessed health outcome measures. British Medical Journal ;324:1417-9;
- Granger C, Ottenbacher K, et al (1995) Reliability of a brief outpatient functional outcome assessment measure American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 75, 356-363;
- Greenhalgh J, et al (1998), Reviewing and selecting outcome measures for use in routine practice, J Eval Clin Pract, 4, 4, 339 - 350;
- Jackson S, Donovan S, et al (1996) The Bristol Female Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms questionnaire: development and psychometric testing British Journal of Urology 77, 805-812;
- Kendall N (1997) Developing outcome assessments: a step by step approach New Zealand Journal of Physiotherapy Dec, 11 - 17;
- Le Roux AA (1993) TELER: The concept. Physiotherapy 79, 11, 755-758;
- Mayo N, Cole B, Dowler J, Gowland C, Finch E (1994) Use of outcome measures in physiotherapy: survey of current practice Canadian Journal of Rehabilitation 81 - 82;
- McDowell I, Newell C (1996) Measuring Health - a Guide to Rating Scales and Questionnaires. Oxford University Press, Oxford;
- Roos EM, Roos HP, Lohmander LS et al (1998) Knee injury and osteoarthritis outcome score (KOOS) - development of a self-administered outcome measure Journal of Sports Physical Therapy 78, 2, 88 - 96.
King's Fund (2010) Getting the most out of PROMs: putting health outcomes at the heart of NHS decision-making. King's Fund, London. See the Kings Fund website for more details.