Would you like to play a key role in enabling people to improve their health, wellbeing and quality of life? Our BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy programme may be the perfect course for you.
This course equips you with the knowledge and skills required by physiotherapists to:
- Work with people to identify and maximise their ability to move and function
- Work with people to promote, maintain and restore physical, social and psychological wellbeing
- Diagnose and treat a variety of clinical problems
- Be taught by skilled staff who are all registered Physiotherapists with specialist clinical interests
- Access joint teaching sessions with Occupational Therapy students
- Develop excellent problem-solving skills
- Develop professionally and personally over the course of study, benefiting from a combination of academic study and 1000 clinical hours on placement.
On completion of the programme, you will be eligible to apply for initial registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and for full membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
The academic requirements for the course are 120 UCAS tariff points at GCE A-level with a minimum of grade B in Biological Science or Physical Education.
Qualifications equivalent to A Level will be taken into account, including (for example) 120 UCAS tariff points from an Access to HE Diploma or level 3 BTECs (Science or Health Studies).
We will expect applicants to normally have achieved a minimum of five GCSE passes (A*-C, or 9-4) to include Maths, Biological Science and English/Welsh (First Language).
Applications are considered individually and on merit, however, you must have:
* Recent (last five years) A Level or equivalent study
* 120 UCAS tariff points (if you are a school leaver. Other qualifications that do not carry UCAS points can be taken into account for mature applicants)
* Experience of a health/social care/third sector settings whether in a voluntary or paid role
* Attendance at Wrexham Glyndwr University Open day or Glyndwr Physiotherapy taster session
All post-interview offers of a place on this degree will be conditional on a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. In addition, any acceptance onto the course is subject to Occupational Health Clearance.
If you have qualifications from another European country, please check the entry requirements for your qualification online at www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/Europeanstudents/EntryRequirements
How to apply