Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grassroots through to the professional game, The Emirates FA Cup and the England international teams. We have two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St. George's Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
Lead the development and delivery of a physiotherapy programme across England Women's pathway teams (U14 – U20), which supports the optimal availability of players for selection, and contributes to England Winning.
- Lead a programme of excellent physiotherapy delivery across England Women pathway teams
- Manage a team of women's pathway Physiotherapists to enhance staff capability and performance
- Assist in the strategy development and direction for the pathway physiotherapy team, aligned to the wider Women's Technical strategy
- Develop an age group curriculum of physical performance as part of the Blueprint for Success, aligned to the age and stage of the player / team
- Lead on the prioritisation and delivery of key research projects which support the overall strategy and provide competitive advantage for our women's teams'
- Develop a framework for the physiotherapy team to support player development across our pathway teams
- Assist in the development of FA medical policies, and performance medicine strategies which support best practice in the preparation and management of players for international football
- Manage the overall contribution of the Physiotherapy department within the MDT planning and review process
- Deliver as a Physiotherapist for an identified England Women pathway team
- Manage the capture and recording of physical / medical data of players to support player management
- Ensure the management of camp related kit and consumables across the pathway
- Work with the England Women Senior Team Physiotherapist, Head of Performance Medicine, England Teams' Doctor and with other MDT pathway leads to ensure alignment across the plan of work
- Work with key stakeholders and clubs to maximise the availability of players
- Support the recruitment and development of staff to ensure the best possible provision for England Women's teams'
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What we are looking for
- Chartered physiotherapist with HCPC registration
- Extensive experience in delivering physiotherapy in elite sport
- Outstanding academic and applied knowledge of contemporary practice in physiotherapy & rehabilitation
- Track record of successfully integrating into MDT coaching teams
- Excellent physiotherapy and rehabilitation delivery skills
- Excellent operational management and planning skills
- Knowledge of the women's international game
- Ability to create excellent relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to create presentations and deliver to a wide range of stakeholders
- Full clean driving licence
- Master's degree or higher in sports science or related discipline
- Experience of managing / leading teams of medical professionals
- Experience in international sport
- Experience in international or club football
- Knowledge of the elite female domestic game
- Knowledge of the England Talent Pathway
- Experience of project management
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.