Teaching Fellow in Physiotherapy
Fixed term contract until October 2024
18 hours per week - 2.5 days per week
£19,673 per annum (£39,347 equivalent FTE) - 18.5 hours per week - Grade 7 - FTC until October 2024
The University of Portsmouth is a global employer of choice where exceptional people create, share and apply knowledge that makes a difference. We want the best and brightest to join us on a variety of Fixed Term or Hourly Paid working patterns as Sessional Teaching Fellows to support undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
Experience the pride of being part of a select group – one of only four universities in the south-east of England to achieve a prestigious Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework. Additionally, we proudly rank among the top 140 universities globally in the Times Higher Young University World Rankings.
Ambition, Responsibility and Openness drive our every endeavour. Join our esteemed institution with a proven track record of success, and where dedication to excellence is key. We want people to make their mark in a professional community that truly values people, innovation, and achievement.
To support the delivery of its pre-registration MSc Physiotherapy, SHES is seeking to appoint an experienced and committed individual to a 0.5fte Teaching Fellow in Physiotherapy role for a 12-month period (or early return of substantive post holder) to cover a maternity absence.
The successful candidate will engage in teaching, assessment, supervision, and tutoring of students across the MSc Physiotherapy (and where appropriate additional clinical sport, health, and exercise) provision and be primarily located within the school-wide Physical Activity, Health, and Rehabilitation (PAHR) theme, and University-wide Health and Wellbeing theme. Candidates will be a registered practitioner with the Health and Care Professions Council, and Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with NHS experience, who can evidence broad experience across clinical practice, support placement activities and the vocational relevance of our curriculum pathways in accordance with University strategy and School thematic strengths. The team covers musculoskeletal, respiratory, and neurological aspects of Physiotherapy in an integrated manner and there is no current preference for the area of expertise held by the successful candidate.
We welcome applications from individuals who may not have held previous formal teaching posts but have relevant clinical experience. We will provide support as required in gaining relevant teaching qualifications.
For further information regarding the position, please contact either:
- Professor Richard Thelwell (Head of School; email@example.com).
- Dr Tim Exell (MSc Physiotherapy course convenor; firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Mrs Helena Drummond (MSc Physiotherapy course lead; email@example.com).
Interview date: 31st October 2023
DISCOVER THE ADVANTAGES OF JOINING OUR UNIVERSITY. WE OFFER A RANGE OF ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES TO ENHANCE YOUR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Competitive salary, including incremental progression within your scale.
- Contributory defined benefits pension schemes – Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) for support and research staff and Teachers Pensions for our academic staff.
- Generous leave entitlement, plus bank holidays, and an additional Christmas closure.
- Family-friendly policies supporting flexible working.
- Staff discounts and loyalty schemes.
- Staff car parking and discounted public travel.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Staff wellbeing programmes.
- Long service awards and recognition awards, which are awarded to staff for exceptional performance.
- Recreation facilities, including discounted gym membership, food on campus schemes, use of the Library and staff social activities.
- Discounted learning.
- Start-up business mentoring from expert entrepreneurs via our Entrepreneurs in Residence programme.
- The perks don’t stop there - click this link for further information on My Reward and Benefits
Prior to submitting your application, kindly ensure that you can either demonstrate or acquire the necessary right to work in the UK. If you currently do not possess the right to work in the UK, please be aware that our offer of employment is conditional upon you obtaining it.
We are strongly dedicated to embedding equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within our community. As an Athena SWAN and Race Equality Charter award holder, a member of Stonewall and a Disability Confident Employer we are passionate about creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, regardless of your background. We welcome applications from all talented people. In addition we want our workforce to be representative of our diverse student population. Please see our EDI Framework and objectives.