The role: Senior Physiotherapist
• To efficiently manage your own out-patient clinic list.
• To provide a high standard of physiotherapy assessment, treatment and advice to patients using evidenced based practice.
• To provide the highest standard of customer care at all times.
• To undertake hydrotherapy assessments and treatments for both in patients and out patients if a hydrotherapy qualification has been attained.
• To communicate effectively and in a timely manner with nursing staff, Doctors, Allied health professionals and outside agencies, to ensure that excellent patient care is delivered to all patients.
• To keep the Physiotherapy Manager informed of any changes of work pattern within the hospital.
• To undertake specialised assessment and treatment of patients as an autonomous practitioner.
• Use clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of evidence based practice to determine and manage an appropriate treatment plan.
• To maintain a high standard of clinical records and provide written progress and discharge reports for medical colleagues.
• To liaise with other departments to ensure a unified approach to patient care.
• To assist ward staff in the treatment of in-patients when required.
• To use specialist knowledge to refer to other health disciplines as appropriate.
• To maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• To participate in the staff rota for weekends and bank holidays.
The ideal candidate:
• HCPC registration
• BSc in Physiotherapy
• Evidence of relevant CPD
• Ability to organise and prioritise tasks and to work on own initiative
• Ability to work with multi-interdisciplinary team and set team goals
• Professional demeanour
• Excellent customer care and communication skills
• Good time management
• Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience which must include MSK and Orthopaedic experience.
What’s on offer:
Excellent benefits package to include wellbeing
Continual Professional Development
If this sounds like your next role, please apply online now or get in touch for an informal discussion and to arrange a hospital visit.
Senior MSK Physiotherapist January 2019.doc
How to apply
Please contact Jenni MacKenzie Reed on 0208 247 3445 or email jenni.Mackenzie-reed@parkside-hospital .co.uk for a full job description and application form.