This role is ideal for an experienced musculoskeletal physiotherapist who wishes to combine their clinical expertise with helping manage a team of musculoskeletal practitioners.
The MSK Senior Physiotherapist will have a clinical role initially but will quickly establish a lead role within the scope of treatment of their own patients but also in a ‘physiotherapy services’ management role.
They will carry out and record the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients, in a comprehensive and accurate manner.
They will be responsible for several physiotherapists within the Blackberry Clinic and possibly elsewhere for implementation of a high standard of service delivery within the team. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of the physiotherapy services, ‘on-site’ or in other sites.
The successful candidate will communicate regularly with physiotherapy colleagues and also with the management team. They will be involved in regularly reviewing and updating the service, including the collation and presentation of data regarding the delivery and outcomes of the service provided.
They will be expected to maintain a high standard of professional and clinical practice and demonstrate a willingness to develop further skills through the processes of ‘in-service training’, formal education and performance reviews.
The successful candidate will also be expected to share their knowledge and skills and contribute to the service training programme.
The post holder may work closely with the management team in the further development and delivery of existing services provided to clients.
The role involves maintaining a client list of about 3-4 days per week, alongside 1-2 days of management commitments, including:
- Working closely with the Regional Lead Practitioner
- Assist in supervision and mentoring of a team of musculoskeletal practitioners, including physiotherapists, osteopaths, chiropractors and podiatrists working in our clinic and in other Blackberry Clinics.
- Be responsible for assisting the Regional Lead Practitioner in effective clinical governance and also working closely with the quality compliance manager.
- Assist in the professional development of the practitioners, through annual appraisal, clinical supervision and provision of regular CPD activity
- Assist in recruitment of new practitioners across all clinics
- Participate in the overall day to day management of the principle clinic in Milton Keynes to ensure safe and effective delivery of care for patients
- Be a point of contact along with the Regional Lead Practitioner for service purchasers, managing referrals and overseeing effective management of these clients by the rest of the team
- Act as a liaison between the Senior Management Team, the Regional Lead Practitioner and the musculoskeletal practitioner team
- Support the Clinic Managers in their duties as required
- Contribute to the acquisition of new business alongside the Business Development Manager and encouraging practitioners to provide web content, blogs and video clips to market the clinic.
- Providing the Regional Lead Practitioner with updates regarding practitioner utilisation and retention statistics
- Help initiate and implement new practitioner services
Your clinical work will be based in our flagship clinic in Milton Keynes and will involve working with a wide variety of musculoskeletal clients, ranging from paediatrics to the elderly and from the relatively inactive to athletes. We work closely with Musculoskeletal Physicians, Sports & Exercise Medicine Consultants and Pain Consultants in the clinic to provide a comprehensive and holistic multidisciplinary service.
Our successful candidate will have:
- A BSc Hons Physiotherapy degree
- Significant post-graduate training in musculoskeletal physiotherapy; ideally to MSc level
- Extensive experience of working in a musculoskeletal setting
- HCPC and CSP membership
- Ideally be trained in acupuncture
- Highly specialised manual therapy skills
- Exceptional rehabilitation skills
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills
- Experience of post-operative management and working with clients with persistent pain conditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and energise a team of musculoskeletal practitioners
- Financial awareness and control
- IT skills (experience of working with electronic notes systems, all Microsoft programmes, particularly Word and Excel)
What we will offer you:
- A generous remuneration package (salary based on experience) with additional annual performance bonus
- £1,000 annual budget for external CPD provision (courses, conferences)
- Pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave (increases by 1 day per year up to 25 days following first three years of employment)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free onsite parking
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter to Dr Simon Petrides email@example.com including current salary and notice period.