Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Physiotherapist in our Leeds Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation, where we offer several flagship programmes, which our Physiotherapists support the delivery of; from our Joint Pain programme, Cystic Fibrosis programme and Covid rehab programme, these are designed to deliver excellent clinical care as well as benefit the local communities, using our state of the art facilities and expert knowledge colleagues.
As part of the team you will have clinical support available from the site Lead Physiotherapists, with leadership from the management team at the hospital. You will have access to CPD funding to encourage you to continue your learning and striving for clinical excellence.
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is proud to have received an "Outstanding" rating from the health care regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), following an inspection in February 2017. The CQC highlighted that patient care was at the heart of the service and this is testimony to the commitment, skill and pride of the team at the hospital.
Our highly successful, purpose-built hospital, deals with complex surgery and a vast range of specialities involving some 300 consultants. There are 80 bedrooms, an 8 bed Level 3 critical care unit and 6 theatres (2 Stryker laparoscopic and 2 laminar flow). These facilities, and high standards of care, make us one of the leading providers of private healthcare in the area. Our staff are welcoming, friendly and supportive, headed by a caring and effective management team. We’re close to the city centre and central railway station.
Find out more about our hospital-
You will work independently as an autonomous, experienced practitioner to deliver high quality physiotherapy care, assessing and treating patients using a wide range of knowledge and skills which are underpinned by clinical reasoning, and evidence based approach. Within our hospital you will, in conjunction with other team members, focus on general inpatient work including cardiac, general and orthopaedic surgery and support the evening and weekend on-call rota.
The hospital is brilliantly placed to support and mentor the successful candidate for this role, alongside our academy training programmes. As a Physiotherapist you will;
- Deliver high quality, effective clinical care.
- Adhere to our values and beliefs at Nuffield Health, in which we encourage behaviour which is enterprising, passionate, independent and caring.
- Deliver excellent clinical care that is evidence based, Safe, Effective, Caring, Well-led and responsive to our patient’s needs.
- Ensure on-going monitoring of the standard of treatment provided
- Be compliant with all professional, clinical and integrated governance standards and participate in clinical audit and other quality assurance processes
To succeed as a Physiotherapist you will;
- Have a BSc in Physiotherapy or equivalent, you’ll be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Demonstrate evidence of further professional training and continual professional development, reflecting your desire to develop as a practitioner.
- Be a confident communicator with the ability to engage effectively with the general public and other healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience, which is underpinned by extensive postgraduate training within the fields of orthopaedic; cardiac and general surgery.
- Be a competent and confident IT user with strong organisation skills
- Have the ability to prioritise and deal with your varied workload in an effective and timely manner.
It’s equally important that you share our values. We believe in putting people first and providing personalised, holistic healthcare. That makes you part of a much wider team, working to create a healthier future for each individual client.
We believe in our people and to help you develop your skills and progress your career in Nuffield Health
- You will be supported by your local leadership team.
- Have protected CPD time, access to a local in-service training program and training events organised by the Nuffield Health Academy including both clinical and leadership courses.
- There will also been mentoring support within the department from Senior Physiotherapists and support with career development.
As Nuffield Health continues to grow you can choose to develop your career within clinical roles or by moving into managerial positions. We support and encourage post-graduate education and have formed a partnership with Manchester Metropolitan University which will offer fantastic learning and research opportunities in the future.
We encourage flexible working and flexibility with shift patterns.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - up to £35,000 per annum (Dependent On Experience)
Location - Leeds Nuffield Hospital
Contract Type - Permanent
Weekly Hours - 40
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.