Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
As a Senior 1 Physiotherapist you will carry out accurate physiotherapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with diverse clinical presentations and complex physical and psychological needs in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team on the Acute Rehabilitation Unit at The Wellington Hospital
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £40,000 - £44,611 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care.
- Undertake comprehensive assessments of patients, including those with diverse or complex pathology/presentations using appropriate clinical reasoning skills, observation skills and manual assessment skills to provide an accurate physiotherapy diagnosis and demonstrate an understanding of the neurophysiology associated with the condition
- Formulate and implement individual physiotherapy treatment programs based on comprehensive knowledge of evidence based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, appropriate and accurate clinical reasoning, and knowledge of appropriate treatment techniques.
- Provide physiotherapy intervention where there may be barriers to understanding such as foreign language or due to speech/hearing/visual impairment, cognitive/perceptual difficulties
- Assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment
- Utilise handling techniques which require skill, precision and sensory coordination to provide accurate and effective treatment and feedback
- Evaluate patient progress, reassess and progress or alter patient treatment programs within the specified timeframes compliant with The Wellington Hospital care pathways.
- Develop and implement comprehensive discharge plans in conjunction with other interdisciplinary team members and the discharge coordinator
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team to ensure that patient centered goals are set and that the outcome of intervention is monitored.
- Graduate Diploma or BSc in Physiotherapy
- Registration with HCPC
- Post graduate training and experience in a broad background including neurology, cardiorespiratory including tracheostomy management, musculoskeletal/orthopaedics and general medicine/elderly care with an interest in the field of neurology
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
How to apply
Follow the link to apply directly with HCA.