- By joining us you’ll be stepping away from NHS pressures and demands, as the Island’s healthcare system is similar but separate to the UK NHS
- Developing our team to be the best they can be is important to us and we actively support your own personal career goals, aspirations and development
- Within the role you’ll be able to develop both clinically and with leadership roles, and there will also be opportunities to represent physiotherapy interests across the organisation
- You will enjoy competitive annual leave entitlement of 27 days and 10 public holidays
- For candidates not on the Isle of Man we will reimburse your interview expenses and give you a relocation package of up to £7,000 to get you, your things and your family to the island. You will also be eligible for housing assistance to help contribute towards your mortgage or rent on the island
- For those relocating or returning to the island you will receive a refund on your national insurance contributions made in your first year, this could be up to £4,000!
- Free car parking at all sites
Are you an experienced Physiotherapist looking to work in fantastic location in a varied and rewarding role? Take your next career step within Manx Care on the Isle of Man and make a real difference to our community on our beautiful island!
About the role and our team
These are rotational roles which means you can put all your learning, training and skills to use in a variety of clinics including orthopaedic in/outpatients, musculoskeletal out-patients, stroke, medical and self-referral. These roles will allow you to manage a specialised caseload of patients as well as supervising and training more junior staff.
If you’re looking to work in fantastic location where you’ll experience a good variety of both in and outpatient services and across specialities, then this could be the role for you. You would be contributing to our patient-centred Therapies Service by:
- Managing your own specialised caseload of patients providing an efficient and high quality physiotherapy service within different specialist areas
- Supervise, delegate work to and train junior physiotherapists
- Rotating between clinical areas every 6 months including medical, ITU, surgical, amputees, orthopaedics, rehabilitation and musculoskeletal outpatients
- Consolidating specialist physiotherapy skills in a variety of settings including examination and assessment of patients and delivery of treatment programmes
- Setting appropriate and progressive treatment aims, objectives and agree rehabilitation goals, in joint negotiation with patients
- Delegating patient treatment programmes to Physiotherapy Assistants and students and monitoring their progress
We have an integrated health and social care service, meaning you’ll get to work across the beautiful Island alongside our supportive and friendly team. Our wider team consists of OT's, PT's and Children's Speech and Language Therapists who all work closely together across Outpatient Services, Acute Wards and in Children's Therapy. We are a welcoming, dynamic and sociable team who enjoy spending time together outside of work.
About the Island and relocating
Here you can enjoy a fantastic quality of life, and an excellent work-life balance! There are plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities; so if you like walking, mountain biking, sailing or kayaking, you’ll have lots of places to explore!
There are also lots of great cafes, bars and restaurants, and you can enjoy the Island’s real sense of community. The island is well connected to the UK, and you’ll also benefit from low income tax rates (20% maximum rate).
Job Description and Person Spec_0.pdf
How to apply
For more information please see the attached job description and person specification, alternatively you can contact Kelly Gulland on 01624 650200 or 01624 642562 for an informal chat about the role.
To apply for this role, please click below. Applications for this post will be accepted up to midnight of the closing date specified.