Tavistock Community Therapy Team is looking for a Physiotherapist who is committed to and passionate about delivering therapy in a Community Setting. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a forward thinking Multi- Disciplinary Team where patient centred care is paramount. We deliver rehabilitation in our Locality in a number of ways:
• Intermediate Care - urgent intervention service delivered by Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Intermediate Care Nurse and Therapy Support Worker. Close working relationships with the Health & Social Care Hub and Rapid Response Services.
• Rehabilitation within the patients’ own home – assessing and treating a variety of conditions e.g. neurological, long term conditions, orthopaedic, frail elderly, multi-pathology, falls.
• Tavistock Community Hospital – a GP led 15 bedded rehabilitation Unit, working as a team of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Nurses, Therapy Support Worker, Social Worker and Speech & Language Therapist.
• Group Therapy – Balance & Safety, Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Long Term Conditions Groups.
• Home First Pathway – a new initiative which supports patients leaving the acute hospital to return home and be assessed in their own environment
Tavistock Locality is proud of its’ integrated working practices between Health and Social Care, and the benefits it offers to our patients. Flexible working across all service areas will be an expectation of this post. We also work closely with University Hospital Plymouth to enable early hospital discharges where appropriate.
We are extremely lucky to work in an area of outstanding natural beauty, based on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park. Many of our patients live in rural locations, so being able to drive and having access to a vehicle will be essential for this post.
The post holder will be well supported by senior staff as well as the wider multi-disciplinary team. There are excellent opportunities for Continued Professional Development. Caseload supervision for junior staff and participation in student education will be part of this role. This is a full time position which will focus on developing the Home First Pathway - the post is permanent and will initially be based in the South Hams/ West Devon Locality, but longer term the post holder may be required to move within Livewell South West to meet changing service needs.
Relocation expenses may be applicable for any successful applicant.
Livewell Southwest values its staff and makes investment in their development a priority. Currently we offer the following development opportunities for staff:
- A minimum of three days protected CPD for registered staff
- Development pathways for unregistered staff from apprentice to bands 2, 3 and 4 and for registered staff in bands 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Leadership programmes
- Coaching and mentoring
- Medicines Management, leg Ulcer Management and Assessment Training
- Access and funding for training including Care Certificate, Assistant Practitioners Course and Scholarship Into Nurse Training
- Robust Preceptorship
- An induction programme tailored to your needs
- Relocation package may be considered for the right candidate for certain roles
Rewards and benefits
- Discounts available from retailers, UK hotels and main attractions – often up to 15% savings
- NHS Pension Scheme and competitive Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows and/or Government Pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Lease car scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation/conditions apply)
- Cycle to work scheme (available after satisfactory completion of probation)
- Childcare vouchers
- School holiday childcare subsidies
- Multiple flexible working options
Livewell Southwest can allow existing members of the NHS Pension Scheme to continue their membership when they join the organisation.
All Livewell Southwest staff are expected to able and willing to work across a 7 day service.
Job share(s) considered.
How to apply
Please follow the link to NHS jobs and apply via the website.